“Superb overnight girls break”

Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Newby Bridge
La14 5hn
“Superb overnight girls break”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Just stayed overnight for a friends 40th on a mid week melt down. 2 1/2 hour treatments, evening meal with wine, use of the thermal suite and all leisure facilities. Great value for money. Staff very friendly and helpful. Many thanks to Sophie who pandered our every need and Nathan who made the best cheesecake I've ever tasted!

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
midlands
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Visited the hotel with friends on the Groupon deal. The hotel is situated in a very nice area within easy reach of the lakes and local attractions. The rooms were clean and well furnished as were the public rooms and bar area. We ate in the restaurant on both nights and couldn't fault the food. My only criticism is the breakfast, service was very slow, the plates were cold and you had to request hot plates if required. You had to order your eggs...we hadn't realised this on the first morning and had finished the bacon and sausage before the eggs arrived, we also requested more toast which failed to arrive so we were very disappointed with the breakfast.
Over all it was a pleasant stay and value for money on the Groupon deal but not sure if we would pay the normal price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank stokieMidlands
cheshire
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I had a two night, mid week break at The Whitewater Hotel.......It was fantastic......beautiful hotel in ideal surroundings near to Windermere and Bowness. The hotel was clean, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was really good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone......we will be going back soon.

Room Tip: Go for river view if possible
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Saddleworth
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Ten friends stayed for a spa weekend break and had a wonderful relaxing time. The rooms were spacious,, beds comfortable and clean and the bathrooms shone!
The evening meal was fabulous: really tasty and presented like a 5 star restaurant.
The staff were welcoming and efficient throughout. I was concerned at some of the previous comments and my friends and I have high standards but this exceeded all our expectations. Great value for money and would stay again as its also a good location for access to the South Lakes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Merseyside
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We originally booked the hotel (via Groupon) in June but had to cancel due to me being diagnosed with a serious illness - the reception staff couldn't have been more helpful and extended the voucher so that we could re-book to take into account my treatment plan. I regularly check TA and so took note of the advice to upgrade so called the hotel a couple of weeks before our arrival to do so - only to find out that they'd already done it for us! We arrived on the Friday afternoon and had no problems at all with check in and the room was beautiful - just what we needed for what has been our only holiday (if a 2 day break can classify as such!!!) this year. We ate in the restaurant on the first evening and as we're both quite fussy eaters, asked if we could just have plain veggies instead of the rather exotic (to us) fare that was included - again, no problem at all. After being a bit too hot on the first night (to due with my treatment and not the room temperature) I asked for an electric fan which arrived within a couple of minutes of us getting back to our room!

We both had a fantastic time and wouldn't hesitate to stay again - all the staff we encountered were friendly and we really couldn't have had better service so we'd like to say a great big thanks to everyone for making our stay so special.

ps. unfortunately we couldn't actually use the spa facilities but for some reason the grading system won't let me not say anything so I've decided to go with excellent - which it probably is!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gwynnewitch
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here in September for a Pamper weekend as part of a Hen weekend.
The location is lovely, right on the edge of the Lake District. Booking the rooms was an experience, as I contacted the hotel on 3 different occasions to ensure the room was booked and received 3 different pieces of information! Firstly I was told I was booked into a 4 bedded room, then I was told I was booked into a suite with a double bed and a sofa bed and finally I was told it was a double room! The first time I rang I was told there was no booking at all but when I asked her to check again she found the booking had been made several weeks beforehand.....not a promising start!
The roomitself was quite nice but I was concerned that there were biscuit wrappers under the bed (I only know this as I dropped an earring which went under the bed!) and one of the cups had not been washed! Also the bathroom had some clumps of fluff on the floor and it needed a fresh coat of paint. The beds were comfortable and the hospitality tray was well stocked.
The staff in the Spa were rather unhelpful on the Saturday morning and one was very abrupt! Tea and coffee was on the side in the lounge area with no sign or similar advising whether this was charged for or provided free. We helped ourselves to a hot drink and the older lady was quite aggressive in informing us we needed to pay or add it to our bill....perhaps some sign regarding this would be helpful. In previous hotels with 4 stars the service has been free to hotel guests.
The Spa itself was lovely and the masseuse I saw was chatty and gave a heavenly massage! I would say that this varied from person to person, as a few in our party were given leg massages and others in the party weren't. As we all paid the same I would have thought the treatments were the same!
The staff were very helpful regarding my daughter who does not like massage of any kind. The Spa staff on Reception on Saturday afternoon were incredibly helpful. I had asked the lady there in the morning if my daughter could have a manicure or pedicure rather than a massage and she told me to ask the therapist the following day at the appointment. When I asked again in the afternoon, the young lady was really kind and contacted the staff in the spa to ask whether this was possible and she sorted everything out for us. Very different to the person I spoke to on the Saturday morning!
Dinner on Saturday night was delicious and well presented. The breakfast was fine on the Sunday morning, although some confusion arose when I wanted to order a continental breakfast as one waitress told me to help myself from the buffet table while another said I needed to order it from the waitress!!! Hmmmmm! If these little issues were sorted out it would vastly improve the overall experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We have just come back from staying at this hotel. We were a bit worried about going after reading some of the reviews. When we walked into to reception i thought i had come to the wrong place. This hotel is beautiful. Stylish, up to date. Check in was fast and efficient, the room was lovely, clean and had plenty of pillows, towels, shower gels etc, tea coffee and milk. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, they were extremely polite and professional. The food was out of this world, the evening meal was to die for and the breakfast exceptional value for money or as my husband said, too cheap. Would we stay there again, of course, and i would highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012
Lakeside Hotel
Lakeside Hotel
#1 of 5 in Newby Bridge
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
#18 of 20 in Windermere
Damson Dene Hotel
Damson Dene Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crosthwaite
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier Collection
The Burnside Hotel, BW Premier C...
#8 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!