Phoned direct and got a 4 poster room for the price of a standard room. Room overlooking river - be prepared for noisy river, which we found theraputic. Steam train passes hotel at regular intervals throughout the day. Room was spacious, well maintained. Hotel was clean and staff were friendly. Prices in bars and restaurants were not cheap, but acceptable for 4* hotel. Food was very good, especially cooked breakfast. Spa was attached to hotel. Was not overcrowded, which was surprising for August weekend. Facilities were clean and atmosphere was relaxing. I have been to many spa hotels in the UK and this one compares well. Hotel is a little way away from main Lake District tourist area and there is not much to do around hotel without transport, but it is a great get-away hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 STAR PROPERTY WITH A ONE ROSETTE FINE DINING RESTAURANT AND THE DOLLY BLUE BAR AND GRILL RESTAURANT. SITTING ON THE BANK OF THE RIVER LEVEN, THIS PROPERTY OFFERS STUNNING VIEWS AND THE PERFECT BASE TO EXPLORE THE AREA. CLOSE BY ARE THE LAKES AQUARIUM, HAVERTHWAITE STEAM RAILWAY, LAKELAND CRUISES, BEATRIX POTTER AND THE LAKELAND MOTOR MUSEUM FEATURING THE DONALD CAMPBELL BLUEBIRD MUSEUM. THE PERFECT LAKELAND VENUE! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitewater Hotel And Leisure Club
- Whitewater Hotel & Leisure Club Newby Bridge, Lake District