“Back again....”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Newby Bridge
On the sofa
“Back again....”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Apparently there is nowhere else to go in the world. My wife books the place time and time again. I want to go to buntlin's in skegness and dance with fat women in white shoes. But NO we have to go there ,the lakeside . Mr Derek Phillips CEO of the lakeside runs the place like Buckingham palace and it is wonderful to be there.
The last time breakfast was disappointing ,so this time I took my own small tin of beans , breakfast 10/ 10
We just love being there
The place is fabulous , well done Mr Phillps

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Arabic first
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We visit the Lakeside Hotel regularly for lunch, coffee or afternoon tea, all of which are delightful. But we recently went to experience a spa day. Which I would say all in all was a delightful day out apart from the Gym.
The equipment there is very dated, temperamental and squeaky. It lets you down for a four star Hotel you have a two star gym.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Lakeside many times and found it to be a wonderful place. However, we had a poor experience earlier this year, when the service was way below previous standards. Despite that, we decided to pay yet another visit. I'm so pleased to report that everything about our stay was simply AMAZING. The measure of a good business is how they put things right when things have gone wrong and they most certainly have. We've stayed in many top hotels around the world and I've got to say that this is the most relaxing place we've ever stayed at. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The food is very, very good(we ate at a very famous restaurant earlier this year, not a million miles from Newby Bridge and I know which I'd prefer!) and the Lake view terrace room was excellent, including one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. If you are looking for somewhere to recharge the batteries, I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be. If you are coming to the Lake District, then this is a must. Would give it 6 out of 5 if I could!

Room Tip: Over the last 12 or 13 years we've been going to the Lakeside, we've stayed in every style o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sussex
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The Lakeside Haotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind. The hotel combines luxury and calm. Its location on Windermere, literally yards from the water and proximity to the departure point of the lake cruise, means you are in tranquility and yet, able to enjoy a cruise and be in the relative bustle of Bowness.

The accomodation is excellent and the food delightful. The hotel has an excellent spa including a decent sized swimming pool. The staff were very attentive - car parked for us and bags taken to the room.

We stayed two nights and we all said "when will be coming back?"

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view - it is worth it
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Obvious lake side location ( the quite bit of windermere not the ultra commercial part ). The lake cruise departs a few yards away from the hotel. Very clean, good sized lake view room, great spa facilities, excellent helpful staff. Free parking. The restaurant serves a reasonable breakfast. So overall... definitely worth a visit.

Room Tip: lake view of course
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

We spend a lot of time in the ln the Lake District and have stayed in many of its hotels including the renowned Sharrow Bay. My opinion is that the Lakeside is better in every respect other than the view, and its a lot less expensive.

Room Tip: We had a lake view room, but in reality i find that we spend very little time actually looking out o...
1 Thank clive_a
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We booked the Lakeside View Suite. £366.00 for two nights. Staff very attentive on arrival, luggage taken to our suite, car parked for us, which i believe is normal practice, but as it was pouring with rain this was very welcome!! The suite was lovely, very clean, the bed was sooo comfortable, (we have a water bed so getting a bed to match its comfort is usually hard to find!) The hotel was pretty quiet when we visited, which in my book is a bonus. The area is beautiful, and the views are stunning, even on cold, windy, rainy days. I have to say though, we were a little disappointed with the dining. Only there for two nights, night one the brasserie was closed to the guests as there was a private function, leaving the fine dining restaurant, which having traveled, we wanted something less formal, so opted for the Ruskins bar meal. I was shocked at the price of £21.00 for fish and chips. I chose braised beef with vegetables and at £24.00 was quite disappointed as my meal was barely warm. £4.50 for a pot of coffee and £7.25 for a glass of wine left me feeling a little deflated. Looking forward to breakfast, although small amounts was lovely. But i must point out for two boiled eggs and their version of "soldiers" (chip stick thin) at £19.95 is a little excessive!! My husband was expecting a golden chicken to lay the eggs for him!! Fortunately our breakfast was included, but for anyone just buying a breakfast it must have come as a shock to them. Overall, the Hotel we couldn't fault, we loved it. Pricewise for food and drinks, they have the monopoly as there are only other 4* star establishments close by. We traveled to a pub about ten miles away, which was recommended by a local, on our second night, the food was piping hot, very generous in proportions and half the price!! Sorry Lakeside Hotel. I would recommend it though as the Hotel and staff are lovely.

Room Tip: Definitely book a lakeside view. We had the Lakeside Suite, large bay window, perfect views even in...
1 Thank Jane H
Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
Beech Hill Hotel & Spa
#18 of 20 in Windermere
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa
Macdonald Old England Hotel & Sp...
#9 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere
Newby Bridge Hotel
Newby Bridge Hotel
#3 of 5 in Newby Bridge
Storrs Hall
Storrs Hall
#5 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Lakeside Hotel? Share your experiences!