“We didn't want to leave!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newby Bridge
Graythwaite Cottages
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed at Bonfire Cottage (7th - 11th October), which is separated from the other cottages and looks out onto Lake Windermere. I must say, we had the most perfect week. The cottage was ideal, and the view was very impressive. We couldn't have picked a better spot and our dog absolutely loved it.

We will definitely be coming back to stay at Graythwaite Cottages, and I would thoroughly recommend it to our friends and family.

We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate W

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We have just returned from a 3 night break at this charming cottage. Myself,husband and 2 grown up siblings aged 19 and 21. My Father-in-law, My Sister-in-law,Brother-in-law and their 2 grown up siblings aged 21 and 17 had the most wonderful time here. The cottage is so comfortable,clean and had everything we needed. We even got our shopping delivered courtesy of Asda direct to the cottage so we didn't have to transport this all the way from home. We made use of the indoor pool and games room and we also did the local Segway tour which was a blast !!! Thank you for a wonderful stay we will definitely be back. Only negative no Wi-fi or phone signal in cottage you Need to go to reception or walk up the long drive to get a signal otherwise perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret D
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We have just come home after another wonderful family holiday at Hill Top Cottage (Graythwaite Holiday Cottages) where we have holidayed for many years. The whole family, including the dogs, enjoys Hill Top's wonderful home from home feel and its secluded setting. The cottage has great views and is perfectly situated for a variety of walks or for a swim or picnic on the shores of Lake Windemere. The cottage itself is well equipped, warm and cosy, with ample logs provided for log fires. We are always looked after well by Peter and his team and we are already looking forward to our next vist.

The Taylors

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank TaylorsOutAndAbout
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived for our family holiday at Hazel Seat on 3rd August.
The cottage was spotless and even better than it looks on the photos on the website.
The facilities were excellent - my 9 year old nephew loved having a the indoor swimming pool and table tennis room and the younger children enjoyed the little play area.
A couple of little extras which were not expected but just made the stay extra special:
A milkman delivering milk and a fantastic selection of other fresh goods an BBQs available for all the residents to use.
The reception staff were always very helpful and friendly and having wifi available at reception was great.
I would highly recommend this cottage and the complex.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CEN464
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at Hullet Hall w/c 17 August 2013 with my family. Firstly the setting is perfectly picturesque, extremely tranquil and like a fine bottle of wine, a breath taking view you would surely never tire of! The cottage is merely a few feet from the still waters of Windermere and a perfect spot to sit back and watch the world go by. A good start or so I thought. I was terribly disappointed with the accommodation and felt that although the kitchen area was nice and well equipped, the overall property left me feeling let down and not all what I was expecting from the photos. I didn't feel the property was clean (IMO) and felt it a little "grubby" in places (lots of flies on a couple of window sills when I arrived seemingly not been cleaned for a while) and a little tired looking. I am well aware how old this property is but feel it is not being done justice for such a beautiful building in such surroundings. The dishwasher didn't work properly at all (which I feel is a must have on holiday!!) and the hot water decided to break down at one point, but was quickly fixed thanks to their maintenance man who was really helpful!!

There were some nice touches such as the milk man delivering fresh milk which I wasn't expecting and talking to walkers making their way past. Overall, I would not return to this property and I did pass my comments on to reception before I left, prior to posting this.

Also watch out for the family of ducks and the swan that will come to the front door looking for food - really lovely to see!! (I am trying to post some pics but having camera probs so watch this space!)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ser2015
Peter W, Manager at Graythwaite Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Thank you for reviewing Hullet Hall. As the manager of Graythwaite Cottages I have passed on your concerns about the cleaning to our cleaning company and I have had a meeting to make sure that this does not happen again. The dishwasher has been replaced prior to this post as it was not completing a full cycle. We do pride ourselves on high standards and personal service and we are sorry and disappointed that we failed on this occasion. It will not happen again.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We needed a cottage that would sleep 10, no stairs, had at least one room with en suite and I could bring my dog. Eel house fitted the bill perfectly.

Overall the cottage is well furnished and is well designed and spacious. There are 2 bedrooms and a bathroom at one end and 3 bedrooms (one en suite) and another bathroom at the other. The kitchen is well equipped both with cooking equipment and crockery to cater for a large group. The lounge is very comfortable. Just remember to bring towels as these are not included in the price.

There are a number of other cottages in the complex. There is a gym and a swimming pool that people can use. Also lots of barbeque equipment should the weather be suitable (which it was). It is part of the Graythwaite estate so there are several walks to take the dog. Lake Windermere is very close.

It is well located for exploring the South Lakes especially Grisedale forest, Conniston and Windermere.

This is not the place for people who need to be attached to their phone/internet. 3G does not work. You can access the internet from Reception if you are missing communication with the outside world. It is therefore a perfect hideaway.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Lovely, relaxing, tranquil holiday. Our cottage (Green Howes) was in the central courtyard where there is a games room set up with table tennis, an outdoor kids play area (wooden castle and climbing frame with tyres), patio areas with barbecue facilities (gas and charcoal barbecues with barbecue tools, benches, picnic tables, patio tables etc) and a swimming pool. The cottage itself was comfy and perfect for a family of 6 (4 adults and 2 children) with excellent self catering facilities. It was more spacious than it looks on the website, the photos do not do it justice. The kids enjoyed the play area and games room (they rated these 5 on here). The pool is clean and a nice size, perfect for family fun, and we were able to have it to ourselves most days although it is shared with the other cottages. The staff are very friendly and helpful. None of us wanted to leave, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Newby Bridge Hotel
Newby Bridge Hotel
#4 of 5 in Newby Bridge
Low Graythwaite Hall Country House

Been to Graythwaite Cottages? Share your experiences!