All reviews red squirrels turret room homemade shortbread lake district extensive grounds country house hotel course dinner outstanding food this wonderful hotel dog friendly hotel petit fours nothing is too much trouble afternoon tea home made large bathroom regular visitors fresh milk
Reviewed May 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed in the Overwater this year and all I can say is fantastic! Clean bright rooms, friendly and professional staff at all levels who were helpful and informative and did everything possible to make our stay as enjoyable as it could be. We will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bordersunset
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We arrived on Thurs for a two night stay for my husband's 40th birthday. From the moment we arrived - being greeted at the door by Stephen - to the moment we left (reluctantly) we had a wonderful time. We were in room eight which was a great size with a huge luxurious bathroom. The food was a delight which almost defies description. It was beautiful to behold and tasted even better. The evening meal was superb in both quality, quantity and choice and even the breakfasts tasted better than we have experienced at any other hotel. My husband says the warm scones he had with afternoon tea were the best he has ever tasted.
The hotel grounds were lovely with an abundance of birdlife, red squirrels and deer to be seen from the lounge without even stepping foot outside the door.
I can't think of anything negative about our stay here.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LiverpoolWillow
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Just returned today 27.04.09 after an overnight stay. I can only endorse previous comments.This place is really special,beutifully positioned away from it all with no mobile phone reception...idyllic. From arrival to departure you know your experiencing something special. Mid summer or mid winter must be glorious in the surroundings. I cannot wait to think of an excuse to return. Food was excellent in DB&B deal.The place exudes quality and the service was first class.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GlobetrotterTyneside
Reviewed April 25, 2009

We spent our Easter break at Overwater Hall. We booked one of the turret rooms (Room 6) which has an impressive four-poster bed. The room was very spacious and extremely comfortable. The hotel is situated in glorious countryside which we explored from the hotel (we didnt use the car at all during our stay) using the hotel,s book of suggested walks and the ordnance survey maps. The hotel gardens feature a board walk through the nearby woods where there is wildlife aplenty. We photographed red squirells and a roe deer during our stay. The food is excellent - beautifully cooked and presented and served with style. The menu is complemented by a good selection of wines with many available as half bottles and champagne served by the glass. Most of the other guests had been to the hotel before and I can understand why. We went to celebrate our Ruby wedding anniversary - this hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seamoon24
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Absolutely delightful place. Huge rooms with everything provided. So comfortable and delightful gardens to walk through. Food was top quality and more than plentiful. Only criticism is it is a dog friendly hotel and my partner is allergic to dog & cat hair, but otherwise faultless. highly recommend for a romantic weekend away or with kids - lots to do around here.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple