All reviewsred squirrelsturret roomhomemade shortbreadlake districtextensive groundscountry house hotelcourse dinneroutstanding foodthis wonderful hoteldog friendly hotelpetit foursnothing is too much troubleafternoon teahome madelarge bathroomregular visitorsfresh milk
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our two nights in Overwater Hall.
It's in a peaceful location, quiet all the time, clean and beautifully furnished and the food was excellent 'fine dining'.
I liked the ambience of this 1814 house and the staff were very friendly and helpful, As soon as I stepped out of the car, a young man appeared and carried in my suitcase.
I loved it and will definitely go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and very nicely furnished. The lady who occupied the Garden Room told me she had a red squirrel sitting on her balcony.
1  Thank morageckford
Reviewed September 25, 2011

No dropping in standards, food and service of the highest order yet again, a lovely meal was enjoyed by all. The best meal you will find in this part of Cumbria by a long way.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2011

It really really was! It was absolutely beautiful. Michael had gammon and egg and they were real chips eh

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Tripadvisor really paid off.Lovely hotel ,we where in the Garden Room,great room and comfortable bed, even though I don't normally like twins pushed together but wasn't a problem.Small seating area which was nice and lovely ensuite bigger than most with jacuzzi bath and shower.Had a minor problem with shower first morning which was swiftly sorted.Glass door in bedroom opens on to your section of the Terrace and steps down into garden.Had the weather been nicer we would have sat out there.When we arrived we looked out the door as some Red Squirrels came to the feeders in front of us and then had a great 15 minutes watching their antics.Breakfast was very good.Evening meals were fantastic,my husband went on and on about his desert.Very nice dining room and lounge.It rained the 2 days we stayed but we still went out for a walk.It really is away from it all and just what we wanted to start our holiday off with.We would certainly return.Highly Recommend.

Reviewed September 9, 2011

From the moment we arrived we were made extremely welcome.
The hospitality, service and cuisine was excellent throughout our "to short a stay"
A very big thank you all and your staff for making our stay, such a wonderful experience.

We are planning to return for a much longer stay Spring 2012.
Chris & Christine Knight