Westlakes Hotel & Restaurant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Stanley Arms Hotel(Calder Bridge)
Burnthwaite Farm(Wasdale Head)
The Pennington(Ravenglass)
Gate House(Eskdale)
View Hotel
All reviewsroll top bathopen fireon arrivalbeautiful hotelsaturday eveningwarm welcomefour poster bedwest cumbriaowners and stafflast minutemy partnerfriendly hotelwould recommend this hotel to anyoneboth morningsking size roomlovely roomlake district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Only stayed one night on our trip round the Lakesbut found the hosts Geoff and Debbie extremely friendly and helpful. Very clean and comfortable. The food was superb. Our compliments to the chef. Would certainly stay again and recommend the hotel to friends.
Mike and Pauline.

Room Tip: Book a room in the main building if possible.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here on 29th April, 2011 for 3 nights. It was the venue for my son’s wedding. We took over the hotel.
Let me start by saying that I am very cynical about hospitality in Britain. In my experience, you have to leave the country to experience it. In British hotels it just seems that you are just a number who pays a bill at the end of your stay.
Well, let me tell you; that is certainly not the case at Westlakes.
Our hosts, Debra and Geoff were amazing. You could not have been made to feel more welcome. Nothing was too much trouble. How nice it was to feel at home, part of the furniture.
A perfect venue for the wedding. Beautiful hotel, beautiful location and lovely marquee. How a chef prepares a meal for 120 guests amazes me. But, the Wedding Breakfast was wonderful. And, the breakfasts equally good, too.
Debra and Geoff really made sure the day went without any hitches.
I highly recommend this hotel. Whether it is a romantic break, a walking holiday – you won’t be disappointed. The hotel is beautifully decorated – it just feels right.
As I said at the beginning, I have had poor service in my lifetime. Trust me, your hosts have the right attitude. Big hotels would learn a lot about hospitality just by staying here one night. By reading this, you’ve probably realised that I a passionate person. Well you’re right, I am and I’m passionate about Debra, Geoff and Wesllakes.
Bon voyage and thankyou.

Room Tip: Just speak to Debra or Geoff
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2010

My partner and I (both 21) had the most wonderful stay in this hotel. We both decided we needed a relaxing weekend away together in the Lake District after finishing a stressful year at uni and, after trawling the web for ages, we came across this perfect hotel - it was fantastic! Friendly, comfortable, relaxing, excellent range of lovely food and wine, delicious breakfasts, brilliant staff, beautiful room and location ... the list is endless! The owners are fantastic - very helpful, warm and just lovely people. They even had a cup of tea (and a brandy!) waiting for me after I had been involved in a small car accident on my way there (it wasn't my fault!), helping to ensure it didn't affect our holiday! I honestly can't recommend this enough, whatever your reason for staying here. We will most certianly be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2010

We recently stayed at the Westlakes which made our visit to visit my family even more memorable. .Debbie and Geoff and their superb staff could not have been more helpful in ensuring that both we and our guests on the last night (enjoying a superb dinner !)enjoyed our stay .I would not hesitate to recommend Westlakes Hotel to anyone visiting the area

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Easy to find - I received a warm welcome from the owners using my first name, with a refreshing lack of form-filling and card-swiping. Well decorated room with good bed, shower & flat-screen TV. Friendly, well stocked Bar (great selection of Whiskies) and beautiful countryside to enjoy a drink in. Food was FIRST CLASS - smoked haddock risotto for dinner was perfect, and their excellent Full English breakfast included two really good sausages, thick rashers of bacon, egg, black pudding, beans, mushrooms, fried bread and tomato - next time I'll try the porridge with Drambuie!

All in all a lovely break from the bland, faceless hotel chains, and I will definately be returning as soon as I can! WELL DONE!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business