My colleagues and I really enjoyed our week here. It is somewhere between a pub and a hotel. The bar has a good range of beers and the food is excellent. All aspects of service were good and the staff were flexible and helpful. The rooms are a bit varied as some are in the old main building and some are in a new annexe a very short distance across the car park. My room in the old building was a good size and but directly above the bar and a bit noisy. The modern rooms in the new building were very pleasant. I would definitely recommend staying here, but I would choose one of the new rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gosforth Hall is a rare find of a 350 year old Grade II* listed building operating as a warm and inviting Inn - offering 24 en-suite bedrooms, a pub with very well kept real ales and a menu offering a choice of dishes including Rod's homemade and well respected pies. Located in the centre of Gosforth and on the gateway to the Wasdale Valley, the Hall is well positioned for Walkers, Climbers and divers. Workington, Eskdale, St Bees and Seascale golf courses are located on the West Coast of Cumbria and with 13 twin en-suite bedrooms, the Hall offers an ideal base for large golfing groups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Gosforth Hall Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gosforth Hall Hotel Gosforth
- Gosforth Hall Inn Cumbria