Being extremely competent myself in the kitchen I enjoy eating in places that make food either equal or better than mine, I've got to say the meal I enjoyed (very much indeed) yesterday was absolutely outstanding!!!! Extremely friendly and helpful staff, lovely atmosphere and the cumberland sausage I had was the best I've had for some years (and I'm very particular with my cumberland sausage)!! 3 of us, a small child and a (fussy) vegetarian visited after a lovely walk in need of a cold refreshment (or two) and a good meal. The bar staff were very informative and helpful about the beers and ciders they had and made excellent suggestions. The cumberland sausage came with mash but I asked if I could have chips instead 'no problem'. We all cleared our plates (even my fussy toddler that doesn't eat or like chips)! My vegetarian friend commented that she finds it hard to eat out due to lack of choice and non-appetising meals, as a meat eater myself, her meal looked extremely appetising n she enjoyed every mouthful. As 20/30/40 somethings we feel we're quite educated but were introduced to a vegetable we'd ever heard of or seen before and it was lovely, the waitress explained to us what it was (which was great that she knew). We enjoyed the meal so much we decided that a sweet was the only way forward (as the main meal had been so good), it did not disappoint! raspberry meringue with cream and ice cream to die for and my 20 something friend cleared her hot choc fudge cake and ice cream, as did my toddler (and licked the bowl...surely a sign of a tasty sweet....my toddler not my friend). The atmosphere and surroundings were great too. Absolutely no complaints whatsoever and I would definitely recommend to anyone who enjoys a nice beer (or cider) and a beautiful meal. We will be back! we didn't stay overnight but they do have rooms, perhaps we will next time, if staying there is as good as our meal experience yesterday I'd be moving in!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brook House Inn offers an ideal base from which to explore the many contrasts of the Lake District. Family owned country Inn and restaurant serving imaginative food, real ales and over 170 malt whiskies. AA 4* Inn Award winning food and beer, West Cumbria Camra pub of the year 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Brook House Inn and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brook House Inn And Restaurant Hotel Eskdale
- Brook House Inn And Restaurant Eskdale, Lake District