Stayed on this campsite at the weekend and had a very different experience to others who had posted about this campsite. We were a party of 4 (2 adults, 2 x5yr olds) , new to camping so pretty unsure what we were letting ourselves in for when we saw some of the feedback. What we found was
- A lovely campsite in a stunning setting
- No over zealous quad bikers spouting rules but a friendly group of wardens going about their jobs in a professional way.
- We experienced none of the 'lights out' patrolling and managed a great barbeque, good banter and a few beers without any criticism from the wardens
- A great playground and pond for the kids to splash in and lots of friendly, well behaved children
- An 'interesting' pub in walking distance with good bitter but awful lager
- Clean, hot showers where 50p gets more than enough time to have a wash and warm up
Overall some reviews made this place sound awful but we had a great time, kept two demanding 5 yr olds happy and will definitely go back when it warms up next year.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Fisherground Campsite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fisherground Campsite Hotel Eskdale
- Fisherground Campsite Eskdale, Lake District