“Amazing”

Fisherground Campsite
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights camping it was absolutely beautiful. Camp site was great with fire pits, lovely play area for the kids. The wardens John and Ken were lovely and very friendly would do anything to help you. My little boy had an amazing time and we didnt want to come home. I have seen a few reviews people complaining about the toilets and showers but what more do you want your camping your not in a 5* hotel. They are kept very clean all the time. Will defiently be returning here very soon!

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here last night with one other family.
We turned up Saturday morning and were a bit surprised to see the notice saying minimum 2 nights when in fact we only wanted the Saturday night. It turns out the 2 night rule only applies if you turn up on a Friday.
We had a great time helped by the good weather. My wife who had said last year she would never camp again so liked it she would definitely do so once more.
The site surroundings as mentioned by others are splendid. The pitches are level on well maintained grass. We particularly liked the fire pits and did a good barbeque on one helped by the supply of wood from the log man.
The toilet facilities were very clean regularly checked out and mopped out by the team of wardens. They perhaps need a slight bit of updating.
Unlike some moaners in other reviews we had no problems with the friendly wardens.
A fine site in this lovely area of the Lakes. Just do not go there by the Hardknott pass as it can be a bit scary to some. We called in at the Wasdale Head Inn for an excellent pub lunch on the way back home.
Fisherground camp site is well recommended.

Room Tip: Best routes from the south are via Broughton in Furness and Ulpha or if wet go all way round by the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed May Bank Holiday for three nights and we thought it was one of the nicest campsites we have been to. The sunshine may have helped a little! The facilities are lovely for children and especially the ice cream van that made a daily appearance. Having the log man deliver the logs everyday to your tent was also an added bonus and we made some lovely camp fires toasting marshmallows. The staff were very friendly although we did see someone having difficulty with car parking spaces (which has been mentioned in a previous remark) however we didnt have any problems. Local Pub is very nice serving nice food and there is also a free lift by an army truck if you want to go to a different pub which served stonebaked pizzas etc. Lovely walks and views in a gorgeous part of the Lakes. The only downside is that it would be useful to have more than one hairdryer. The bathrooms were regularly cleaned and adequate. Also they had boot dryers and tumble dryers for kids wet clothes and also a freezer to refreeze your ice blocks which was useful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SarahJ123
Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The site owner had clearly rammed as many tents as possible onto the avaliable space, quite how it complied with any site licence is beyond me! The sheer volume of people made the facilities over crowded and not very clean. The site was noisy with people playing guitars till gone 23:00, the tents were that close together (little more than a meter apart)I could hear other people's conversations in at least 4 different tents.

I loved the lakes and will be returning, just not to this campsite!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank nnfc-phil
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just got back from a 3 night stay and am appalled at the behaviour and attitude of the owner!!
I have to say that we have stayed there several times before and have always been generally very happy with everything until this weekend.
Upon arriving to an empty site we were instructed to park our car in an empty field some 300 yards away from our pitch as we were told that they were expecting large numbers and were going to be very busy. This wasn't too inconvenient at the time as we weren't planning on using the car that day.
We had had 2 days of glorious sunshine but unfortunately on the last day the heavens opened whilst we were packing up so I parked the car on the grass verge as there weren't any available spaces on the gravel due to large overcrowding as the owner had crammed as many people into the site as possible!
As soon as I'd got out of my car to help my wife and 2 young children pack everything away in the torrential rain I was met by the owner who told me to move my car back to the gravel area some 80 yards away! I told him that he couldn't expect me to carry all the heavy equipment that far and that I would only be half an hour to which he said it wasn't a request and to move it immediately as cars weren't allowed on the grass!
I said I wasn't being funny and that I wasn't very happy as I had paid the best part of a £100 for 3 nights stay and had to park my car 300 yards away to which he replied that he wasn't being funny and that he wasn't a very nice person when he was being funny!!!
At this point he was becoming rather aggressive and I told him not to use threatening behaviour with me!
He then told me never to come to the site again!!!
As I had my wife and 2 young children with me I opted to walk away as I didn't want them getting upset.
In the past 3 years I and my relatives have spent in excess of £600 with this excuse of a man and will not be spending another penny with him due to his lack of care for the paying customer when at the end of the day his own greed had caused the problem in the first place!
I look after four hundred clients in my profession and if I treated and spoke to them like that I would be out of a job!
Thanks for ruining my long awaited weekend away!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank Hac1989
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed on the site for an early Easter break (19th - 21st March). We were the only ones on site but enjoyed the peace an quiet and the wardens/site caretakers were very helpful and friendly they made the stay very enjoyable and we'll certainly be back again.

The pitches were good quality and we were shown to one which suited our needs (tent size) and that was near the washing block. Each pitch has a fire pit for our use and wood/fire lighters are for sale at a reasonable price. The washroom was unheated but we only noticed because the weather was very cold during our stay but having camped for many years we expect this. The showers were coin operated (50p) which gave a strong hot shower enough for me to wash my hair and self with enough time to spare.

We left a night early because of the weather forecast of strong winds and heavy snow, we're glad we did as the pictures on Twitter the next day would have meant we'd have been stranded otherwise.

I would recommend this site and we'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seelenn
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked 2 of the lodges for our family summer hol. The lodges were clean and well stocked. The grounds were tidy and safe for my 3 year olds to run about on. The owners and neighbours were more than happy to advise us on where to go. And added bonus of the ice cream van that called daily! Great location, clean safe and friendly. Enjoyed every second.

• Stayed: August 2012