We visited Bower House after a gap of one year to be disappointed by how it has deteriorated in this short time. Although the rooms were pleasant and clean, the staff were helpful, the food was bland and poor quality. Furthermore, it is was greatly understaffed, the two staff were rushed off their feet trying to cope with a busy bar and restaurant. The dinner menu was limited and typical of bar food, not the quality restaurant food that Bower House have always prided themselves in. The meal was tasteless and the quality of the food was obviously of an inferior quality. Only a few of the cheaper quality wines were available off the wine list. At breakfast time, again the food was of an inferior quality, nothing like the magnificent food that was served previously. Finally, this lovely 17 century inn had new chairs in the bar area, looking completely at odds with the traditional décor. What are you doing to this lovely inn?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Eskdale valley, The Bower House Inn is situated 4 miles from the Cumbrian Coast and three miles from the A595, ensuring easy access to all local locations. This 17th century 3 star inn offers superb food, open log fires and a warm welcome. Whether you are a businessman working in the surrounding area wanting a relaxing home from home experience or a traveller seeking a comfortable room, the Bower House is the ideal place. The perfect base for those looking to immerse themselves in nature, with the Lake District National park just moments away and a great start point for those looking to explore the surrounding peaks of Scafell and Great Gable and with Wastwater within easy reach, there are lots of great trails for the more leisurely walker. All 20 rooms are traditional but have their own unique quality and are comfortable with en-suite bathrooms and TV. There is also a modern and well equipped two bedroom flat suitable for families or business parties working in the area. The Bower House Inn provides a number of amenities, including luggage storage, free Wi-Fi, telephones and packed lunches if required. Relax in our beautiful garden set along the back drop of Muncaster Fell, the Bower House Inn boasts the best views in the Eskdale valley. Also why not enjoy a round of golf at discounted rates on Eskdale's spectacular golf course, or relax at one of our local fishing spots. Our bar and dining room have traditional low beamed ceilings where we offer a wide range of local ales, locally sourced produce and an extensive menu produced by a team of highly motivated chefs. Start your day with a good hearty Bower House Breakfast and within minutes you can be on the famous Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Miniature Railway, exploring the area and all it has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Bower House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bower House Hotel Eskdale
- Bower House Inn Eskdale, Lake District