We were greeted by a scowl, silence and a document to sign. We were shown to room 4 could easily be 101, can I put it in 101? The dust was so thick that it could have given rise to a medical condition, Bower House Lung. At least we had a view, wait a minute, we did have a mountainous view, unfortunately it was obscured by workmen, who did, to be objective finally disappear into room 5 next door and set about sawing wood. The noise at least drowned out the sound of the dogs above us. The area may have had an issue with peeping toms as the bathroom had a piece of thin net at the window, at night we may as well have carved a sign, come and see my wife naked, we had to drape a bath towel over the window. The stay could not have got any worse, at least I thought so, until a lorry turned up and despite having a car park the size of a football pitch to park on, and despite my car being the only car on the car park he insisted On parking so close to me I could use the drivers door. All in all if I was offered free accommodation here I would insist on compensation and a refund prior to refusing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Eskdale valley, The Bower House Inn is situated 4 miles from the Cumbrian Coast and three miles from the A595, ensuring easy access to all local locations. This 17th century 3 star inn offers superb food, open log fires and a warm welcome. Whether you are a businessman working in the surrounding area wanting a relaxing home from home experience or a traveller seeking a comfortable room, the Bower House is the ideal place. The perfect base for those looking to immerse themselves in nature, with the Lake District National park just moments away and a great start point for those looking to explore the surrounding peaks of Scafell and Great Gable and with Wastwater within easy reach, there are lots of great trails for the more leisurely walker. All 20 rooms are traditional but have their own unique quality and are comfortable with en-suite bathrooms and TV. There is also a modern and well equipped two bedroom flat suitable for families or business parties working in the area. The Bower House Inn provides a number of amenities, including luggage storage, free Wi-Fi, telephones and packed lunches if required. Relax in our beautiful garden set along the back drop of Muncaster Fell, the Bower House Inn boasts the best views in the Eskdale valley. Also why not enjoy a round of golf at discounted rates on Eskdale's spectacular golf course, or relax at one of our local fishing spots. Our bar and dining room have traditional low beamed ceilings where we offer a wide range of local ales, locally sourced produce and an extensive menu produced by a team of highly motivated chefs. Start your day with a good hearty Bower House Breakfast and within minutes you can be on the famous Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Miniature Railway, exploring the area and all it has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Bower House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bower House Hotel Eskdale
- Bower House Inn Eskdale, Lake District