“one night stay”
Review of Irton Hall B&B

Irton Hall B&B
Ranked #2 of 10 Eskdale B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 2, 2014

staff were great house and all rooms very well kitted out even had a bbq and very clean food was great value in the main hall would go back and recomend to all my freinds and family reson for poor on pool and fitness centre dont think it had one

Room Tip: we had a lodge in the grounds great value

Reviewed June 27, 2014

What a beautiful setting, could easily pass for a 4 star hotel. The staff are wonderful, we are I. The restaurant, Nd nothing was too much trouble. Tip: if you don't like a sharp acidic wine, steer clear of the house wines, the food was cooked fresh, and even though I had to return my meal - far too much pepper on the steak even though I had asked for no peppercorn sauce - the chef obliged by preparing another. The grounds appear to be quite extensive, and if you were thinking of somewhere to hold your wedding it is perfect!

Room Tip: It seems that all rooms either look out front or back, so they would all have a rural view.
Reviewed June 23, 2014

i would hope to keep this jewel all to myself;perhaps that would be wrong-Stupendous place with awesome scenery;great staff,great hotel,great self catering cottages.I would urged you not to come here-as its too beautiful and I would like it all to myself.

Peter McParlin

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mrclever352
Reviewed June 23, 2014

This was our 5th stay at this hotel and once again it was brilliant all the staff are extremely all helpful, I can not thank all them enough for making our weekend great.
The food was just gorgeous all freshly prepared on the day and you can defiantly taste the difference. The hotel is dog friendly and this is another tick in the box. The hotel has lots of character the grounds are amazing there are great walks in the area. We have already booked another break at this hotel it is a real gem of a find.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

The clock tower was booked for 7 adults and 2 children for a weekend away in the lakes. The accommodation itself was large, and comfortable with all of the amenities that you could want for a weekend away. Kitchen was well stocked, beds were comfortable and there were ensuites to all rooms.

++ side:
- Lovely location - had a great day at Muncaster Castle with the kids, while the more adventurous went for a very long walk up Scarfell & Scarfell pike!
- Comfortable beds
- Clean and tidy
- enough logs for the log fire
- Facilities were extremely good & clean
- Issues were responded to quickly
- Lots of books and toys available for the kids
- Felt like the dogs were very welcome, and secure outside verandah area that we could put them in outside.

-- Side:
- Toys missing balls (i.e. cricket set missing a ball), and dice etc (but really no biggie!)
- one of the showers leaked badly - needs to be looked at (we reported this).

Overall, was a lovely place to say, and we'll be back when we next visit the West Lakes:)

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This place definitely has a wow factor, the grounds are gorgeous and you're away from all the hustle and bustle. We stayed in Pele Tower (sometimes written Peel, so I'm not which it is!), initially there was 15 of us, but 1 dropped out last minute. The apartment is stunning and there is so much space. But when arranging our stay I was concerned about the sleeping arrangements, the double pull out in the picture of the family rooms with the en suite didn't look very big (the chaise longue) and it isn't. I would say it's ok for two children, but definitely not for two adults. It has seen better days and the mattress is really thin. We also requested a camp bed, the guys in the group did not want to share double beds, this wasn't there on arrival but after requesting it, it was soon bought up. When previously asking about the camp bed, the lady I spoke to said there were no complaints about it, but the mattress wasn't great and it was too short. For the guy we wanted it for it wasn't suitable. Fortunately we had a spare blow up bed in the car so we used that. I don't think you can say this place would sleep 16 adults comfortably which really is a shame. The beds themselves were really comfortably and the sheets were lovely, so I felt guilty putting some people on uncomfortably pull out beds and a camp bed that was not sufficient. A proper double pull sofa bed should be there or maybe a full size single bunk bed.

The kitchen is lovely and big enough for cooking, but the fridge is not big enough for 16 people. The door did not have the shelves in which would have provided more space. The kitchen is large enough for an American style fridge/freezer or at least another fridge. The flat plate did not heat up sufficiently and the grill took ages to heat up as well. The cooking utensils were old, a couple broken and a few more different things provided. They only provided a j cloth for washing up, whereas a sponge would have been much better, we only realised after we had done our shopping and got to the accommodation otherwise we would have picked one up. The non stick coating on the frying pans has been scratched and so they could do with replacing, so do the plastic chopping boards and there was one baking tray too big for the oven! When trying to cook and clean up for 14 people these things become more evident.

In certain places of the accommodation it does need to be freshened up, some places still had cobwebs. It is a shame because if these issues weren't there the place would be amazing, but in all honesty it didn't stop us having a great time and we didn't want our weekend to end. I hope the management see that just sorting a few little bits out would make a huge difference.

Despite these niggles I would be happy to return, so I wish I could give a 3 1/2 rating as some things definitely need improving but we made the most of. There were board games provided and a playstation with games was there as well. Didn't see any DVDs, maybe they have a selection at reception. I'd definitely recommend West Lakes Adventure for activities, they are close by and we got a discount as we stayed here.

2  Thank Aisha K
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Arrived 5pm. Greeted by Tom on the reception desk, one of Irton Hall's very friendly staff members. Tom took our heavy bag and led us to our room.
Lovely room, en-suite has a Jacuzzi bath which my wife would have spent all evening in if I had'nt suggested a drink at the bar downstairs.
Breakfast was excellent.
This hotel is a real gem and we would like to say a big thank you to Tom for all his help during our short stay.
Will definately return when in the Lakes.

1  Thank blueslsd
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eskdale
19 mi away
#1 of 1 in Ireby
Storrs Hall
Storrs Hall
#5 of 13 in Bowness-on-Windermere

Been to Irton Hall B&B? Share your experiences!