“Not yet stayed at property want to give +ve...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
BENSONDOG
England, United Kingdom
“Not yet stayed at property want to give +ve review !”
Reviewed August 30, 2018 for a stay in August 2018

We had booked this property for a week from August 31st, however due to several issues we were not able to honour the booking. We were very impressed by the efforts of Simon to facilitate a work-around. Unfortunately this was to no avail, however we would thoroughly recommend this property and company on the basis of the support and help we received from Simon.

Aug 31, 2018
Thanks Nick, that's very kind for you to write this.

I hope all get's back to normal for you soon and I'm sure we'll be able to welcome you here one day.

Take care,

Simon
Stay73362...
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed April 2, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I've been meaning to write this review foe weeks but wanted to ensure I gave it the time it deserved as the stay couldn't have been better.
From start to finish I couldn't find a fault (even if I had been trying to look for one). Simon was incredibly helpful throughout the booking process & responded quickly to any queries I had; it's very easy to tell he deeply cares about guests having an enjoyable stay and this adds to the appeal because customer service often lets places down.
The cottage itself was absolutely stunning. I stayed with my group of 8 girlfriends and we all loved it. The kitchen has been done to one of the highest specs I've ever seen and you can see everything has been thought of to again, enhance the guest experience. We spent a lot of time in the conservatory because it's so beautifully open and makes for such a pleasant start to the day, even with clouds it was still bright.
The bedrooms were all really comfortable and the bathrooms again, done to an incredibly high standard. We all agreed we would 100% go back both as a group and with our individual families and I can't recommend this cottage enough.

Sep 5, 2018
Thank you for your review. I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
o1dg0ld
“Mr”
Reviewed January 26, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Stayed for a 4 night midweek break in January. Lovely cottage, immaculately presented and as previous reviewers have pointed out - a kitchen to die for! There literally mush have been £15k worth of kitchen appliances all of which were from the Kitchenaid brand. Beds were large and comfortable although i'm not a fan of feather pillows which all of them seemed to have, nonetheless it wasn't a big issue and didn't detract from the stay. Cartmel is an adorable little village with some great pubs, and cafes ideally located for exploring the southern lake district. Thanks Simon for providing such top quality accommodation at a very fair price, we hope to stay again in the future (maybe on a face day)!

Jan 27, 2018
Hi Mark. Thank you for your review. I’m really pleased that you loved the cottage, village and area.

Weavers Cottage doesn’t have any feather pillows as we know many people don’t like them. All the pillows are hollow fibre or similar.

At the bottom of your email, I think you mean that you’d like to visit again on ‘race day’-for Cartmel Races.

Unfortunately all of our 5 cottages in and around Cartmel are already fully booked for all 4 of the race weekends this year. We tend to get booked up for these hugely popular weekends about a year in advance. However, we hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.
Susy G
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Happy bikers on tour”
Reviewed July 25, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We are a bunch of 8 people who ride motorbikes and like to travel up and down the country, this year we chose the Lake District and we found a stunning cottage in Cartmel, the home of sticky toffee pudding! Weavers cottage looks beautiful on the website and it lives up to the pictures! It has a lovely homely feel about it, but modern at the same time. The interior is stunning with beautiful features like solid wooden doors and full of mod cons throughout. There are more gadgets than I know what to do with in the kitchen and the toaster is magical!! The grounds are well kept with beautiful views surrounding the property with a lovely little stream at the bottom of the drive.
Cartmel is a lovely little village with some pretty little shops, grange sands is a couple of miles down the road and it's easily sign posted to Windermere and other towns and villages.
It's definitely a place to visit with Weavers cottage being the perfect accommodation. Any issues we had were quickly dealt with by Simon, the landlord and I can't thank him enough. The cottage was spotlessly clean with clean bedding and towels in every room as well as hair dryers and a full sky package!
Please make sure you visit this property, even if it's just to make some toast to try out the fabulous toaster in the beautiful kitchen. We had a fantastic week and look forward to our next visit!

Jul 27, 2017
Thanks Susy & Kev. What a great review. You were wonderful guests and I’m so pleased you enjoyed the cottage, village and rest of the Lake District on your holiday. Even the weather was biker friendly!

I look forward to welcoming you all back soon. Thanks again. Simon
Norman H
“This cottage is very high spec”
Reviewed June 21, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Had a lovely few day here with my family . Loved the beautiful wooden doors and latches . The kitchen had all the best gadgets very high spec. We spent most of our time in the conservatory looking over the beautiful garden . The living room corner couch is VERY low to the floor , we didn't like it couldn't get comftable in there . The beds where very comftable .there is a lovely little pub about 2 mins away so is a local shop that sells all you need . About 5 mins away is the village square which has 5 pubs and a few little gift shops . Would love to go back again . Highly recommend

Jul 4, 2017
Thanks for review. I’m very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I’m sorry to read that you found the sofa uncomfortable. The cottage is furnished in a contemporary style and the sofa is 4 inches lower than ‘normal’ sofas. Most people love the sofa but I’m sorry that you didn’t but as you’ve indicated, we look forward to welcoming you back again.
Chris W
Quorn, United Kingdom
“Cracking Location for a Pre-Wedding Break”
Reviewed June 12, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Fantastic family accommodation that was a perfect location for us on the run up to our wedding.

Providing a wealth of luxury and quality across the board this charming cottage was comfortable, cosy and contemporary all wrapped up into one.

The kitchen / dining & conservatory space was the key to its success, offering my fiancée and I a great place to undertake the various tasks we needed to in order to complete our final wedding preparations. Our little 3-year old daughter also loved the expanse of space as she was able to explore freely, whilst playing with her toys - all still whilst under our supervision!

The quality of the kitchen fittings and equipment were fantastic, as was the Bluetooth soundbar and the various TV's dotted around the house. The added bonus of discovering there was Sky Sports and Movies was just the icing on the cake!

Granted there was only the three of us staying in a 4-bedroom cottage but I'd imagine that even with a number of couples or a wider extended family staying Weavers Cottage would still feel spacious and luxurious!

Without a doubt we would be back to stay when next in the area!

Jun 26, 2017
Hi Chris. Thank you for your lovely review. I’m so pleased the 3 of you enjoyed your stay so much and hope that your wedding day was wonderful too.
We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Mike D
Ulverston, United Kingdom
“Perfect short Break”
Reviewed February 6, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

I booked a shortbreak at weavers cottage at very short notice the booking online was easy and quick and the next evening we arrived to find the cottage all ready the heating on and a nice welcome pack of essentials. although the weather was bad that weekend we still had a great but lazy time. The cottage was better than the exellent description and we will definitely be back with more of our family. we managed to have a nice walk past aynsome and over Greenbank and along by the racecourse to the sound of the priory bells, then a great lunch at Rogan & Co. I would recomend this cottage to all my friends as it is exellent and only a 5mins walk into the centre of Cartmel.

Feb 6, 2017
Thank you Mike. What a wonderful review.
Huge thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back with your family.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing