“A slice of history”

Morecambe, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“A slice of history”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

A beautiful building both inside and out.
We were guided aroud the Priory by a member of the PCC who was very knowledgable and extremely interesting.
Well worth a visit.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“If its good enough for HMQ its good enough for me.”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Several years ago I pulled up outside the Priory and noticed a couple of black 4X4s outside the Priory gates. As I entered The Priory a church official approached me and informed me that there was a private visit taking place.

To my utter amazement a voice known to millions of people around the globe stated that as it was a house of god I could carry on with my visit.
I saw a diminutive figour wearing a headscarf in the nave, but I chose to
stay in the background.

Its a wonderful old building but I cannot guarantee that when you visit
you may be in the company of The Monach.

For security reasons I will not disclose any dates ie months. For Trip advisor its Oct 2013.

Southport, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A beautiful Priory”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had a wander around the outside of the Priory (unfortunately we had dogs with us so could not go in) there was some restoration work being done but still a beautiful building.

Kendal, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Fantastic old priory church and grounds for fans of medieval churches. Try and get their early in the day before the visitors arrive to savour the full atmosphere of this incredible place

Visited September 2013
Penang Island, Malaysia
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Somewhere you go when visiting Cartmel”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

There's not a great deal to do in Cartmel once you've eaten and drunk your way round the village, so most people end up visiting the Priory. It's currently under restoration with scaffolding so you need to walk round to the back to see the angular shapes of the tower. Inside it lacks the impact of other places, due to the loss of much of its stained glass, but it still has a nice tranquil feeling to it.

Visited September 2013