“Day out with my grandson” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lakeland Segway

Lakeland Segway
Ranked #1 of 12 things to do in Cartmel
More attraction details
Owner description: Winner of the the "Best Experience in Cumbria Award" 2016. The longest established "SegwayAuthorized" tour provider in the UK invites you to explore magnificent scenery surrounding medieval Cartmel on the amazing Segway personal transporter. After comprehensive training enjoy tracks and trails around a superb setting. (Min weight 45kgs max 115kgs, Tours MUST be pre-booked). Bike Hire, Archery and Geoventure activities also available.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Day out with my grandson”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've wanted to try this for years and was pleasantly surprised when my 15 year old grandson agreed to come with me. We both really enjoyed our training around the obstacles and then the Segway tour round the lanes near Cartmel racecourse. A really great activity that I am sure we will both repeat. A very big thank you to Wayne.

Visited August 2014

London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Scream if you want to go faster!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Booked this as something different to do as I didn't fancy fell climbing. It's actually in Cartmel racecourse and next to the very picturesque town as we had thought but we eventually found it by asking the sticky toffee pudding man....as you do! We met up with Wayne & Anne in the race course car park area and had some basic training around cones before setting off around the racetracks service roads and back lanes. Once out of turtle mode the things speed up quite a lot and are so much fun, the missus was giggling like a school girl for the whole hour and a half/2hrs we were on them. We want our own ones now! You can even do an off road adventure trail after the training sessions which we will do next time we come across Segways on our holidays. If your lucky you might even get a nip of Prosecco after your tour which was a nice touch. Best to book in advance but if you like your fun on 2 wheels then give it a go! The sticky toffee pudding that the local area is reknowned for is heaven.

1 Thank RUCKSACK69
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“your wife will enjoy it---honest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

Last minute booking since I always wanted to try it but the surprise was a booking for my wife as well. Best decision in my long life since she went from fear apprehension to confidence and joy. Excellent training and confidence building to begin with followed by the most amazing journey through the woodland paths. This is a must for all those visiting the area or just travel there in order to get involved. Now to the Commonwealth games but unfortunately not on our Segways
Our many thanks .

1 Thank Scott T
Watford, United Kingdom
“Highlight of the holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

A fantastic week in the Lake District and this was the highlight. The four of us had an introduction to the Segways, practising round an obstacle course, and then a circuit round part of the lovely Holker Hall estate at Cartmel. This was something special and our grandchildren were most impressed when we returned home and told them all about it.

Visited June 2014
Dartmouth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You must try this - such good fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

If you don't think that you will be able to ride on a Segway, you are wrong! There is no problem with balance because these amazing machines do all that for you! This was such good fun and my husband and I had such a laugh, even getting competitive about what speeds we were reaching. He has dodgy knees and I have no sense of balance so we thought that we would be really bad at this but I have wanted to try to ride a Segway for years so we thought that we would give it a go.
Wayne was brilliant and Cartmel is a beautiful little village to visit. I can't recommend this highly enough.

1 Thank Lorraine S
WayneR R, Manager at Lakeland Segway, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to post your review, much appreciated. Hope to see you all again soon.