“Another fantastic evening at Beswicks”

Beswicks Restaurant
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went for a meal for our anniversary and, as usual, we had a great evening. The food and service was excellent as always. The only thing I could recommend is perhaps a little more option or just a change of dishes for the starters and mains on the bistro menu as I think I've had all of them now :) We will of course continue to visit Beswicks for special occasion meals as it always a treat.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We dined here on our last evening of our holiday, we should have gone here on the first evening, a very pleasant dining experience.
The meals are impeccably presented with great attention to detail & a perfect ambiance in the dining room.
David, the owner was a perfect host & could not do enough for us.
Thank you.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

David continues to delight us with the variety and quality of the food he offers in Beswicks. His service, from the warm and friendly welcome, through the presentation of dishes and wines at the table, to the coffee that follows 'upstairs', couldn't be bettered.

1  Thank N N
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our visit followed many recommendations and we weren't disappointed by the venue or food choice. It didn't work for us, but that reflected our eating habits. We found the helpings enormous and the elements very rich. This would be an immense advantage for most people!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I used tripadvisor to find this restaurant when staying in a Guest house that bizarrely did not open on a Monday evening. Beswicks is not usually open on that night either, but when I telephoned to make a reservation I found that the restaurant was opening, unusually, on the Monday evening as it had a party of 8 people. I would agree with most of the comments that I have read about the place. It's a little out of the way gem and we had a thoroughly good night as a family of 2 adults and a 12 year old. the restaurant is intimate and welcoming - although the excessively smoking fire was a little offputting when we first arrived. I'm very glad that we went and would go back like a shot if I'm ever in the area - and it's open!