All reviews evening meal patio doors breakfast in bed lovely hotel grounds are lovely lick of paint dog friendly hotel bottle of prosecco four poster bed separate shower country house night deal lake district both mornings both nights the ground floor booked this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed February 23, 2017 via mobile

Such a lovely hotel with really helpful & friendly staff. Room with balcony overlooked the gardens & I can't wait to return when the weather improves. I stay away with work & it is very important for me to feel safe & comfortable as a female travelling on my own. Bar area looks so cosy & inviting & I can't wait to return with colleagues to enjoy it!! My fish pie was delicious The building is a grade 2 listed so beautiful beams & heritage oozes in abundance.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 20, 2017

The room we got wasn't any of the photos we saw of rooms when booking. The scenery was over the car park to the neighbour's houses and the sound of the main road quite loud. There was a cracked pane of glass in one of the windows. The fire was in reception so not as we hoped to be able to sit beside with a drink to relax.
The breakfasts could be improved as the cooked food lacked good preparation - on the second day i asked not to have two items but to give me an extra poached egg which wasn't completely cooked and another item was missing from the plate so not too happy.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Warm friendly comfortable hotel. Our room was spacious with a good view.Excellent food even though we selected things like battered cod and chips.....the cod was deliciously fresh and tasty it was the hand cut chips. The service was also excellent, warm and friendly. Terrific value.
Must mention Arron in the dining room and Jackie at reception....very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Simply ask for the best room as the staff are only too willing to help if they can.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Alan N, General Manager at Ennerdale Country House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2017

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Ennerdale Country House Hotel.
I was pleased to note your positive comments relating to different aspects of your stay. It was of particular note that I was pleased to read your comments regards the excellent service and in particular Aaron and Jackie. I will pass on my personal thanks for their very friendly and helpful service.
Your comments are appreciated and valued and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Ennerdale in the near future.

Kind regards
Alan

Reviewed February 8, 2017

We had a two night stay at this hotel with our dog . The hotel was spotlessly clean the staff were very friendly nothing was too much trouble. The food was excellent value we had one nights dinner and pad for the other . All our meals were of good quality and plentiful. If you want to be made truly welcome and take your dog with you Ennerdale does exactly that . I really cannot think of any where I have stayed with such friendly staff

Room tip: We had room 29 which had patio doors opening directly onto the garden
1  Thank Sue C

Dear Sue,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review from your recent stay with us at The Ennerdale Country House Hotel. Your comments are very much appreciated.
It was nice to note that you found many aspects of your stay to be to your liking. I was pleased to note that yourselves and your dog were made to feel very welcome during your stay with us.
I look forward to welcoming yourselves (and the dog ) back to the Ennerdale in the near future.

Kind regards
Alan

Reviewed February 7, 2017

This is a lovely in a great location being relatively near to the fabulous Ennerdale Water or Wast Water.

The hotel is really nice with lovely grounds. The staff are absolutely great. We were caught in traffic and were likely to be late and so rang ahead to may we may be after the end of dinner service. They could not have been nicer and even offered to take our order over the phone and serve it in our room if we ended up being late. That's what i call service.

We ate in the hotel both nights and had breakfast and all the food was really nice. You can eat with your dog with you in the bar area which is very pleasant.

The room was really nice and was downstairs allowing direct access to the garden=s which is excellent for dog owners (and deliberate to allow dog owners to take their dog out as necessary).

Overall, i would highly recommend this place for dog owners and non-dog owners alike. We'll definitely go again.

Room tip: If have a dog ask for ground floor room with access to garden
Date of stay: January 2017