First impressions were excellent. The entrance is lovely with fantastic decor. The receptionist was very friendly and welcoming. However, the room was a huge disappointment. It was tiny; I had to place a tub chair on the spare bed as there wasn't room for it. The bathroom was badly in need of updating; the grout was grimy and the silicone sealant around the bath was mouldy.
The food in the restaurant was not that good either. £19.95 for 2 courses was too expesive especially when the duck breast was overcooked and tough. The house wine was also pricely at £6 a glass. On my 2nd night I ate in the bar. I thought I couldn't go wrong with a curry but it was the worst I've ever had. The sauce was almost entirely made of cream with very little spice (it was the colour of capuccino coffee). More like cream with a hint of curry. The breakfast however was very good; there was lots of fresh fruit to choose from which I appreciate when living away from home. Unfortunately, it was too late to restore my disaapointment and opinion of this hotel. I won't be going again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ennerdale Country House Hotel is a Grade 2 listed building nestled within 5 acres of tranquil landscaped gardens and Italian fountains and figurines. As you walk through our large beautifully refurbished hallways you will pass by painstakingly restored original fireplaces and ceilings and you will start to realise that this is only the beginning of an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ennerdale Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ennerdale Country Hotel
- Ennerdale Country Cleator
- Ennerdale Country House Hotel Cleator, England - Cumbria