Stayed over New Year's Eve into New Year's Day. Really enjoyed the party night. The meal was really good and disco was well presented - a good mix of music which hopefully suited everybody at some point. Brunch the next day was also excellent - not the usual bacon and eggs but really tasty with lots of choice. The staff in this hotel are wonderful - very friendly and obliging. Only complaint really, which iseems minor given we were only staying one night, the bed was awful! Mine was almost on the floor as it was so low - not like a proper bed at all. Another small point, unlike Malcolm we did not get a complimentary bottle of wine and drinks ain't cheap here! All in all though a really good evening with warm and friendly surroundings. Will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ennerdale Country House Hotel is a Grade 2 listed building nestled within 5 acres of tranquil landscaped gardens and Italian fountains and figurines. As you walk through our large beautifully refurbished hallways you will pass by painstakingly restored original fireplaces and ceilings and you will start to realise that this is only the beginning of an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ennerdale Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ennerdale Country Hotel
- Ennerdale Country Cleator
- Ennerdale Country House Hotel Cleator, England - Cumbria