We booked the Hotel Via late rooms and thought we would get a average hotel .. what a nice surprise we had . Yes the out side may need a little paint but so what . We were greeted by friendly staff ( with a smile !! ) . The room (30) was fab it had character and was very clean . The bathroom was clean and the Jacuzzi worked and the shower was a power shower . Yes it was used but what do people expect in a hotel ?? The grounds were lovely and the restaurant and food are really good value and very well cooked .
if you want the RITZ pay the price but if you want a nice , clean , Friendly , romantic place with character and friendly staff this is it .
also only 5 mins from 2 great walks and fantastic scenery
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ennerdale Country House Hotel is a Grade 2 listed building nestled within 5 acres of tranquil landscaped gardens and Italian fountains and figurines. As you walk through our large beautifully refurbished hallways you will pass by painstakingly restored original fireplaces and ceilings and you will start to realise that this is only the beginning of an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ennerdale Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ennerdale Country Hotel
- Ennerdale Country Cleator
- Ennerdale Country House Hotel Cleator, England - Cumbria