Just returned from an overnight stay at this hotel, and we had no problems at all. It is an old hotel but I like that, and it was very clean. Room was quite small, but we had a special half price B/B offer, so cannot complain.
There are lovely grounds which must be great in summer.
Staff very friendly and welcoming and breakfast excellent. Our next 2 nights were in a 4 star hotel and can honestly say it was no better than the Ennerdale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ennerdale Country House Hotel is a Grade 2 listed building nestled within 5 acres of tranquil landscaped gardens and Italian fountains and figurines. As you walk through our large beautifully refurbished hallways you will pass by painstakingly restored original fireplaces and ceilings and you will start to realise that this is only the beginning of an experience you will never forget. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ennerdale Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ennerdale Country Hotel
- Ennerdale Country Cleator
- Ennerdale Country House Hotel Cleator, England - Cumbria