A lovely weekend in the lakes - great hotel - wonderful food, Clean and comfortable. Quiet, warm and welcoming what more could anyone want?
Great Location near good walks - from 4 hours to 1 hour - from difficult to strolls.
Near Keswick a super town full of nice cafes, shops and pubs.
The scenery was amazing and breathtakingly beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leathes Head is a magnificent eleven bedroom Edwardian Country House Hotel, situated in the unspoilt Borrowdale Valley. The hotel is set amongst three acres of private grounds and is surrounded by stunning scenery, meandering rivers and some of the most spectacular fells in North West England. With superb views across the valley and easy access to Keswick, this is the perfect place for a relaxing break. The entire Borrowdale Valley is ringed by glorious fells known and loved by seasoned walkers. Lake cruises, water sports, mountain biking trails and plenty of other Lake District activities are all within easy reach of the hotel. We are proud holders of two AA Rosettes for food, and our guests can enjoy dishes prepared using locally sourced ingredients; sit in the traditional bar to enjoy a drink or watch the wildlife from the comfort of the conservatory windows before retiring to one of the individually furnished bedrooms, with views of the surrounding countryside and hotel gardens. The hotel is proud to be nominated two years running for Hotel of the Year in the Cumbria Tourism awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your The Leathes Head Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leathes Head Country Borrowdale
- Leathes Head Country Hotel
- The Leathes Head Country House Hotel Borrowdale/Keswick