You really have to want to stay here. It is pretty far off the beaten track, with only one road in and out. Having said that, it is well worth the trip for a relaxing stay. We stayed for 3 nights in room 4 and our friends were in room 3. Both are on the front of the hotel, upstairs, with great views of the countryside. (The web site says "magnificent views of the lake and countryside". Well, the countryside anyway). Room 4 is the better of the two.
Showers are small with "rain heads". Not too great for women's hair-dos. I suppose that if you were hikers and walkers, which we are not at 70+ years old, that would not be a problem.
The staff is friendly, helpful and very attentive. Food is great for both breakfast and dinner. Presentation is well done. Parking is free.
If we were traveling in the Lakes again, we would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Leathes Head is a magnificent eleven bedroom Edwardian Country House Hotel, situated in the unspoilt Borrowdale Valley. The hotel is set amongst three acres of private grounds and is surrounded by stunning scenery, meandering rivers and some of the most spectacular fells in North West England. With superb views across the valley and easy access to Keswick, this is the perfect place for a relaxing break. The entire Borrowdale Valley is ringed by glorious fells known and loved by seasoned walkers. Lake cruises, water sports, mountain biking trails and plenty of other Lake District activities are all within easy reach of the hotel. We are proud holders of two AA Rosettes for food, and our guests can enjoy dishes prepared using locally sourced ingredients; sit in the traditional bar to enjoy a drink or watch the wildlife from the comfort of the conservatory windows before retiring to one of the individually furnished bedrooms, with views of the surrounding countryside and hotel gardens. The hotel is proud to be nominated two years running for Hotel of the Year in the Cumbria Tourism awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your The Leathes Head reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Leathes Head Country Borrowdale
- Leathes Head Country Hotel
- The Leathes Head Borrowdale/Keswick