Lodore Falls Hotel
  • Breakfast included
$155
$172
$155
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
$196
$190
$140
$120
$133
$189
$183
$244
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,274 results
All reviewslodore fallshot tuba lake view roomon arrivaltower suitecourse menuspa treatmentsbuilding worklovely hotelafternoon tealake districtsconesfirst classlounge barhigh standardevening mealwedding anniversary
Reviewed January 30, 2014

First of all, to be balanced, excellent location, food and frontline staff.

What does let this hotel down is the behaviour of its management. Having been told incorrect information by the restaurant manager on menu choice (which he acknowledged), then belittled by the deputy manager (which was commented on by other restaurant users) and then a failure on the night to take my complaint seriously by the assistant manager (who evidently offered us complimentary drinks which we were unaware of) - I have not been surprised by the personal response by the manager (very similar to his attitude towards others on this site).

It is sad that managers do not accept feedback and adopt an infallible attitude especially when their staff can obviously pull the wool over their eyes and they fail to take up the invitation to personally discuss issues raised.

Mr Johnson, please write what you wish as a reply as you have done with other contributors on the site - but you need to welcome both positive and negative feedback.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Richspedd
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We arrived at lodore falls the week before Christmas, the hotel had lots of Christmas trees and was lovely & festive. We checked into our room that was clean and tastefully decorated, sadly the view was mainly of the roof and not of the lovely scenery behind it, I had expected this though, because I had purchased the room through secretescapes.com
We visited the hotels restaurant but there was a Christmas party going on that we had to walk through first, which was slightly uncomfortable. The meal on the first evening was nice & the products were good quality, but I personally felt that the meal would have been better, if the chefs let the quality of the produce speak for itself instead of trying to add flavour with things that didn't appeal to me personally, on the second night I asked for any sauces on the side and enjoyed my food immensely.
Following our meal we retired to our room, which was sadly located next to the lift and we could hear every word of the songs being played at the party.
The staff at lodore falls are very friendly & helpful & offered to move us rooms but we declined as the party would be finished soon. I would suggest that the hotel try's to place guests attending functions in this room so people aren't disturbed.
We had breakfast which was very enjoyable and then used the hotels pool and sauna, which are a great feature of this hotel.
The best feature by far however is the beautiful waterfall behind the hotel. I wasnt expecting a large waterfall but when we walked up to it, I was pleasantly suprised and would advise anyone staying here to visit, although it wouldn't b accessible to any disabled guests.
I felt really relaxed at this hotel, dispite some minor hiccups, I would recommend it to anyone, as we found are stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We booked a family room that looked as it had recently been refurbished, everything we needed.
The hotel is in a spectacular spot right on the lake, some people have complained about the B road in front but i dont think this detracts from the hotel in the slightest.
The service from check in to check out was first class, in particular a Dutch chap who seamed to be everywhere, he went above & beyond to make sure we were being looked after.
We had dinner in the lake view restaurant & it was superb. I would highly recommend this hotel for a family break.

Room Tip: Could not fault anything at all.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve10322
Reviewed January 15, 2014

A great hotel for a short or a longer break .On arrival we were greeted by friendly staff and the Pimms and crumpets went down a treat. Our room had a fell view. The food in the restaurant was excellent all in all it was a fabulous break.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kevin d
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We have visited the lodore many times and until last year the service used to match the lovely location and decor. But last week was a dreadful experience, as the hotel had a conference full of sales people.

They were allowed to use all the lounges to work in and the hotel - which sells itself as being peaceful and restful - had people smoking outside the doors, being very noisy and taking over any space. When I politely explained this to the bar manager she was far from helpful and shrugged her shoulders.

From my perspective we were mis sold a peaceful image, and many others staying said the same. They seem to be more interested in conferences and weddings than day to day guests, and its really starting to show, which is a shame.

Rather than dismissing the feedback on here (which seems to happen if you read the management responses) they should try and learn as it was once a great place. Please try, lodore.

• Stayed: January 2014
6  Thank mic4567
LodoreGM, General Manager at Lodore Falls Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Mic4567

I think that this is a very unfair review as you don't mention anything about what a nice room you stayed in, what delicious food was offered in our restaurant and how good the service was around the various departments of the hotel.

Yes we did have a conference in the hotel during the first week of January and yes we did have a wedding reception on the Saturday of that week, but to say that we "mis sold" your stay to you is, quite frankly, outrageous.

Far from "dismissing" your feedback I am using my right to reply and, quite rightly and fairly, pointing out to other valued tripadvisor contributors what a fine establishment the Lodore continues to be, as is clearly evident from the vast majority of reviews on this site.

Kind regards