Lodore Falls Hotel
Scafell Hotel(Rosthwaite)
$202
$185
$141
The Borrowdale Gates Hotel(Grange-in-Borrowdale)
$199
$192
$146
$100
$191
$185
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,273 results
All reviewslodore fallshot tuba lake view roomoutdoor poolon arrivaltower suitespa treatmentscourse menubuilding worklovely hotelflat roofafternoon tealake districtsconesfirst classleisure facilitieslounge bar
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This was our second visit to Lodore Falls. Since we were there previously the hotel has been refurbished and it looks fantastic. The staff were friendly and very efficient in all areas of the hotel. We stayed for 2 nights and we were upgraded to a Lake View suite which was huge. The king size bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in.

We had dinner included in our stay and the quality of the food was exceptional. The menu changed daily and I'm sure even the pickiest of eaters would be catered for. Breakfast was just as good with food cooked to order and plenty of choice with fresh fruit and cereals.

We used the indoor pool each day and the outdoor hot tub was just lovely, even though the weather was a little chilly. I had a treatment in the beauty salon and the staff there were excellent, very knowledgeable and helpful.

My only criticism would be that guests who were attending a wedding were told to use the changing rooms in the health club as their rooms were not ready. I do not have any issue with this other than the changing room is very small and certainly not suitable to accommodate ladies with expensive outfits alongside dripping wet swimmers. I imagine that this was only a one off though and due to a courtesy room not being available.

The views from the hotel are fantastic, whether it is from the front to Derwent Water or from the rear to the Fell. All in all a lovely break and I hope we have the opportunity to return again soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

A great hotel in an absolutley stunning location. We were given a free upgrade on check-in to a lakeside view room which was fantastic (as it was our wedding anniversary)!! We'll be back very soon!!

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We tried to book a weekend break at this hotel this morning. Due to the impatient attitude of the receptionist and the fact that she was very loud, my husband asked why she was speaking in such an impolite manner. Her excuse was that she was very busy ! Yes she was busy talking to my husband! My husband asked only the usual sort of questions nothing too difficult. She did say sorry and then asked if we would like to make a reservation. The answer was no! Maybe they don't care about how they talk to their customers but we immediately decided to not even consider a stay there, First impressions are so important when you are about to hand over a considerable amount of money! This is the first time I have ever written a negative review about a hotel but we were both angry at her attitude.
We have since booked another hotel nearby and the staff sound lovely.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
9  Thank EnglandCarters
LodoreGM, General Manager at Lodore Falls Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

I am somewhat taken aback by your review, don't want people to stay here! Of course we do, that's what we do for a living and, judging by the vast majority of comments on this site, generally do it well.

Having spoken to my entire reception and reservations team I am unable to establish who took your call, I would be very grateful if you would contact me with the date on which the conversation took place so as I can establish the facts from the staff member here at Lodore. I can be contacted on 017687 77285 or on stephen@lodorefallshotel.co.uk or, if more convenient, pop in and have a cup of tea and chat with me whilst you're in the area.

Kind regards

Stephen Johnson

Reviewed August 13, 2011

this was our second visit this year and was very pleased once again with this hotel.
our room was upgraded to a lake view, and was spacious clean and comfortable.
food was good, however at times the service in restaurant was a little chaotic as there appeared to be a lot of new staff being trained.
location of the hotel is great if you love walking, we stayed 4 nights and didn't move the car once!
i'd recommend booking any spa treatments in advance as i tried a few times to book a treatment without success.
will definitely return.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

we stayed for a 2 night break at the Lodore Falls hotel. We couldnt have wished for better service, food and room. We asked for an upgrade and received a fell view room which was a lovely room. Included in our price was an evening meal on the 1st night. The food was fantastic although if it had not been included in the price we probably would not have had the meal as we considered £36 per person a bit expensive but the 4 course meal was delicious. The service throughout our stay was 1st class from reception, bar staff, restaurant leisure club everyone was very welcoming and friendly. We will certainly be going back. Our tip would be to look for special offers at the hotel because they are worth every penny!

Room Tip: ask for an upgrade if they have availability usually you can get one