“Lovely food and great service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Fast Food, British, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Best fish and chip sit down restaurant. I always love going to Les's because I always enjoy the food. It is a bit dearer that the norm but it is worth it. Lovely and clean and lovely service by the really nice Chinese lady. I recommend it.

Visited March 2014

Cheshire, United Kingdom
“Such a shame”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I have visited this local chippy quite a few times over the years and feel it has gone steadily down hill which is a shame. The town is really taking off with all the new shops, but I feel that Les's is being left behind or perhaps he has made his money and just doesn't care. I agree with the comment over the chips being placed around the fish in the tray when you order a take away, this happened to me also and considering the price I thought it was a disgraceful trick. I now ask for my fish to be wrapped separately, but I really shouldn't have to do this just to make sure I get a descent portion of chips. Also I have found the tea and coffee very overpriced for a extremely small cup especially the coffee which is nothing more than a few mouthfuls once you get through the froth. I now find myself going there less and less after all there are a lot of competitors out there who provide very descent food for less. I do hope the owners read these comments and make some changes before it's too late.

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Janjan S
Earlestown
“Quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I'm at a bit of a loss as to why this place is rated so low, the fish and chips in this place are delicious, yet rather than concentrate on that people choose to pick fault with "impatient customers" and "miserable staff". I'd rather have quality fish & chips than respectful diners and fake smiles from staff.

Visit this place, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Glynn J
Katrineholm, Sweden
“Very Delicious but overcrowded and busy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Me and my mother visited the fish and chip restaurant and were advised by a man waiting in line that it was "worth the wait". There were around 20 small tables inside , fairly clean with the traditional saucesand condiments on the table and a very British type menu. The pictures on the wall of colorful sea life were very nice and cheery while we waited for our meal. Me and my mother ordered 2 fish and chip meals with bread and tea. The meal was beautiful and very well cooked fish However our experience was somewhat tainted by two impatient women customers who were allowed in and proceeded to rush us from our seats before we had time to put our coats on. I also noticed two elderly women on the large side who were having trouble getting out from the tightly pushed together tables. The bill came to 17 pounds. So not exactly cheap for a chippy dinner.

I feel the waitresses should allocate seats as they become available and space the seating out more. But i suppose Les wants as much custom as he can.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cheshire
“Nice fish but very tight with their portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

Generally nice and clean, serving nice fish. Most chippies over-face you with the size of their portions but this one is different. If you want fish and chips ask for your portions separate because if you don't the get the tray and put the fish in first and then put a very small amount of chips around. I've never seen this done in any other chippy but they do it every time so they know what they are doing and it just makes you feel that they are trying to short serve you. Sorry but just being truthfull.

Visited November 2013