“Beat my expectations”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Beat my expectations”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This pub is new and still very much in its honeymoon period. Satying that I have visited twice and found both visits to be excellent. It is what it is, its a conveyor belt to get the family fed and at a reasonable cost, but it does it well.

Being that it is a honeymoon period it is busier than a pyjama and fake tan sale in Liverpool, but despite this we were looked after and seated relatively quickly. The menu is pretty good and serves all the regulars you would expect. I had the chillie and it was pretty good, for a pub. I expected flavouless gunk but was surprised.

Deffo worth a vsist, but it's nota pub and expect kids!!!

• Visited April 2013

“Fair value family pub”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Often visit different Hungry Horse pubs so thought we would try this new one on our door step.
Was about 5 on Friday afternoon so the place was busy but me and my boy friend were seated straight away. Now in a family pub at a busy time you might think 'what did you expect' but I don't like being sat next to a kids party. But anyway.
Food came quickly and was hot and yummy. No complaints there.
But definitely have the feeling that the place is all about turn over. They want you in and out as quick as possible. I say this because I put my knife and fork down for a drink and the waitress came over, placed my boyfriends plate on top of mine and asked "was everything ok with your meals?" To which I replied, "well it was until someone put a plate on it..." They just wanted us out to get another couple on the table which was annoying.
Overall the place is alright. Food is good value but won't be rushing back, at least not until the initial popularity had waived a little.

“Great Family Pub”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I've visited this restaurant/pub twice since it opened a couple of weeks ago. We were offered a choice of tables on both occasion and each time opted for a table close to the outdoor play area. There's a great menu with lots to choose from and an equally good kids menu. The food was of a very good standard for pub food and very reasonably priced. The service was excellent and all staff were very friendly and welcoming which is something that another local pub (the ring o bells) could learn from. I'm giving this place an excellent review based on the fact that its a cheap family pub offering value for money and doesn't advertise itself to be anything else.

Widnes
“Poor quality small portions”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have eaten here on two occasions both times the food was poor in every respect . First time ordered the roast chicken and new potatoes what was served was a very small peice of chicken and three small new potatoes with a dessert spoonful of peas I asked for the manager who took it away and added more potatoes .the second time ordered a chilli beef burrito which when served was the size of a large spring roll (at nearly £6) this is a con and very dissapointing. This chain advertises value for money and quality it definaterly isnt either. I have complained via the web site but no one has replied.

1 Thank LolnAnd
Widnes, England, United Kingdom
“Really Disappointed”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Aftewr waiting for months for the new "Pub" to open we have tried it three times but as of today "Never No More". We have to date had three meals and never received satisfaction. We have given it a couple of weeks to "Settle In" but it is still as bad. Come on Green King buck up before you find the Widnes folk voting with their feet.
We order two classic hotdogs with separate sauces, we went through the order at the counter to make sure they ubderstood what we wanted. We also ordered a Steak and Ribs. After some 40 mins the hotdogs arrived covered in sauce, we sent them back. Some 15 mins later we received the new hotdogs has we had ordered but the chips where stone cold!. After another 10 mins I had to ask a waitress where the third meal was! When after another 5 mins the meal arrived we where told they had been waiting for the chips to cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So disappointed. My son went to the bar where a waitress walking past with a full tray dropped a cup of coffee at the side of him. It splashed all over his trousers but all that was said was that there was some serviettes on the bar. Then as a final put off I asked for a pint and half of Carlsburg lager as it is on offer at £1.99 per pint. When I received my change I had been charged £1.99 for the pint and £1,40 for the half. I asked why and was told that it is only the pints that are on special offer. As someone who lives about 400mts from this pub they are missing the plot. Back to the four topped oak unless we only want drinks. (Drinks actually very good). We will give it another shot in about two months but if that is the same as now that will be it.

1 Thank twoofus_13