“our first time there”

Salt and Pepper Steakhouse
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We take great pride in serving you the freshest, highest quality food possible. Every day we start out from fresh making our soups, salad dressings and sauces from scratch. We don’t cut corners and we don’t settle when it comes to authentic ingredients, we don‘t buy frozen food, we only use the best like our British steaks, our Stilton Blue Cheese, our toasted hand-cut croutons or our homemade chocolate sauce. At salt and pepper - steakhouse it's all about quality and all about the food and you our guest.
cheshire
“our first time there”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

its about time we had a good steak house in widnes went there sat 29 june best steak we have ever had when we got there the head chef came over explained all about the steaks asked us what we do and dont like we had the rump steak 14oz high recomend it going back next weekend

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank eil51

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fathers Day Lunch”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We took our dad here for Fathers Day, we all had a great meal, the food was very tasty and well presented, staff friendly and can't do enough for you. Try the sticky toffee pudding its amazing! Will definitely be going back!

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Phil M
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Excellent Steakhouse”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went with my wife and we had a great meal. Both had steaks which were cooked to perfection. The staff were friendly and very informative. Please do not be put off by the restaurant's location the dining experience is exceptional.
Highly Recommended.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Paulmcvracken
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really really bad! Steer clear!!!!!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I visited this establishment today with my family in the early evening. First customers in there apart from a large party group from liverpool! Feral children running around unchecked with drunk parents shouting at each other with ear splitting annoyance! That aside the staff were friendly however the place is dirty and a bit disappointing from kick off. Dirty carpets and an A4 photo copy of a menu? Complimentary bread and olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Excellent I thought till my taste buds told me it wasn't olive oil but standard veg oil! Bread was stale too. Starters seemed ok. I ordered a £15 rib eye steak and chips. Difficult to mess up you say? The chips were ancient and very brown and soggy with the distinct and acrid taste of ten week old fat! You only get this amount of re runs on UK gold. The steak wasn't a rib eye at all more like a bit of discarded fat only fit at a stretch for stewing! The majority of it was fat over 70% which bearing in mind the cost was offensive. My partner didn't have much luck either a plain piece of chicken devoid of any flavour or seasoning. They forgot to point out S&P was extra? My children had pasta with a tomato sauce. This consisted of a tin of chopped tom's complete with the tins water splashed with a wiff of garlic. Limp and a plate that would bore a chair leg to death! On pointing out the issues the owner manager was disinterested and refused to see our point of view with replies like, we'll we've never had complaints before and don't worry I'll look after you next time????? He did however appear taken aback when I said I won't be back And i would struggle to recommend you to anyone! Expensive, overpriced and completely disappointing. My 2 children ate for free however the meal for 4 with no alcohol was £50! Do yourself a favour go somewhere else. This place should not be on here and most definitely does not deserve its no7 spot! I would guess that the majority of customers head in there after a skin full and dont really care at that point! Steer clear get a kebab!

• Visited May 2013
Widnes, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, but messed up most of our orders”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

There was 8 of us booked for a small birthday meal. They where good at letting us decorate the table and they even added decorations themselves. There was only us and a table of 2 on a Saturday night. The food orders all came out the wrong way round. The steaks ordered all came out cooked wrong, medium when asked for rare etc, they forgot the sides and brought out the wrong ones. As there was only us in the restaurant I'd expect them to get all our orders right. The steaks when they did arrive where lovely. The starters where all lovely too. All hot and decent portions. It's nice to go as maybe a couple, but not sure about a big table.

• Visited March 2013