“Unclean and over priced”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #23 of 108 Restaurants in Widnes
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Unclean and over priced”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I went because of the huge hype surrounded by Nandos right now but I was completely disappointed. I'm a veggie myself (I know what you're thinking) but they still offer veggie food, bare in mind my boyfriend ate the chicken there and still wasn't impressed either.

I had the veggie burger and it was pretty gross, it tasted very strong and artificial, like a whole lot of herbs just grinded together, it was poor and the side was just your average fries i could get anywhere for the price they charge. My boyfriend got piri piri on a burger and said it was just over priced, average, spicy chicken he couldve got anywhere. Not to mention a fly landed on my burger...

Not to mention the place is filthy, i was sat next to a long divider of wood and you could see the dust and dirt, i put my hand on it casually and my fingers were black/grey. The tables are always unclean and are always a bit sticky, not to mention the sauces, which are grubby like a thousand hands had used them and the fact the knives and forks are out for anyone to place their hands on. This place was a bitter disappointment, one of the only places ive been where i regret spending the money i did. Instead of being smug thinking they've made it, they should still be caring for the restaurant itself and not leaving it to go dusty and gross. Not eating here or any other Nandos again.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth B

Widnes, United Kingdom
“its what you expect and does the easy stuff well”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

it is a chicken house the food is always done well, the experience is quite relaxed i guess there are more headless chickens on the menu ha ha so the staff are quite chilled, i do cringe at being addressed as you guys!? it is something that is adopted by most hosts, the food is easy but it works you dont expect anything other than some tasty comfort food, those little portugeuse custard cakes are quite desirable too!! :)

Visited March 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Hot and spicey with a difference”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were invited to try this food with an open mind and we must admit it made a nice change the platter service and the medium hot chicken was very moreish great finger food yummy.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank dougandbez
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I come to Nando's all the time and I enjoy it everytime, the staff go to that extra mile to make sure you are their priority and the food is just to die for, if you don't like Nando's you're silly.

Visited February 2013
Prescot, United Kingdom
“On holiday exotica 10 minutes from home!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Some strange comments previously posted. Nandos is a themed diner serving predominantly Piri Piri chicken which is spicey, so don't expect a fry-up or burger and chips, it's not a cafe! It's not really a place for young children, vegetarians and people who do not like spicey food, although they do a great salad.

I love the Nandos theme and food and know what to expect. The restaurants do vary slightly and the Widnes location is better than some and has the advantage of very good parking. Service in all Nados can vary according to the time of day and the number of staff that are on. I always go out of peak times as I know there will be a wait for tables and service can be a little slower when it's busy.

I like the balance of self-ordering at the till and service to table on plates so that I'm not eating with my hands and have to clear up after myself and of course you pay for that. If you are enticed by the starters, side orders and desserts your bill will start to spiral out of control, so be mindful that the trimmings are the most expensive part of the meal.

I like Nados it's a bit of on holiday exotica 10 minutes from home!!

• Visited March 2013