“Outstanding!”
Review of Efe's Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Efe's Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the Widnes town center, Efe`s opened in October 2008. Efe`s has a variety of mouth watering Kebabs, Steaks, Fish Dishes and cooking on a open charcoal barbecue. Our traditional Turkish open charcoal Grill in the middle of the restaurant The customers are surrounded the barbecue and eat delicious freshly cooked kebabs while watching them being cooked. But don't get confused there is a good aspiration and full air-conditioning system prevents from a smelly restaurant atmosphere. We are recommending for you delicious meze & Tapas And Lamb kebab, Chicken kebab, Turkish mince kebab (Adana) Lamb Cutlet , Chicken wings from our Special charcoal Grill.You will love it. We are fully licensed to sell alcohol and have a comprehensive wine menu.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I visited Efe's this weekend and although I am usually quite a fussy person I couldn't complain about a single thing! What a lovely place it is and the staff are so friendly and welcoming
Upon arrival we were greeted at the door and seated immediately at a candle lit table and offered drinks, we had purchased a voucher off their website bedore hand so I almost knew what to expect but when we were presented with the different options I was blown away! Although the voucher we bought was for a set menu we were offered the a la carte menu to see if we would prefer anything from there instead at no extra cost! (I think there was a £3 charge if we wanted fillet steak but we didn't)
My husband stuck to the set menu and had the meze platter and mixed grill and I chose the meze platter followed by charcoal grilled sea bass, when the starters arrived I was amazed, beautifully presented and each dish was explained to us by the waitress, so tasty and more-ish, there was plenty there but not too overwhelming
My husbands mixed grill smelled and looked great and he said he thoroughly enjoyed it, my sea bass was equally as delicious and to my surprise the house wine was going down a treat!
For desert we shared the tiramisu as we were too full for seperate portions and that was Devine, beautifully presented with the plate decorated too, all the little added touches made such a difference!
I will definately be going back to Efes in the near future, lovely people, gorgeous food, my only disappointment was that I had not found this place sooner!

2  Thank Eren79

Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Ive visited this restaurant many times both in the evening and at lunch time. Lunch times are really good value offering a wide variety of meals. In the evenings we have enjoyed really good Turkish food. The service is wonderful.

1  Thank Fabitziana
Reviewed July 5, 2012

What a food! Loved Adana kebab...Delicious! Best Turkish food I had for a while! Top service and also very hygienic restaurant...very reasonable prices..we are really enjoyed and will definitely go back again..

1  Thank Bazza684
Reviewed June 24, 2012

What a fantastic hidden gem this was. We went on a living social deal, not expecting much. When we entered we were welcomed to the table by the female host who shortly after brought us the menu. We expected to be shown an alternative menu as we were there on a deal but no..........anything from the starters and any main meal (Fillet steak £3 extra).
The starters were amazing. I had squid which was served with a wonderful sauce and salad. My wife had the king prawns, also served with a beautiful side salad and chilli sauce.
The main main was out of this world. I had the mixed grill which was wonderfully presented and the meatcooked on the charcoal grill was gorgeous. I also had a side serving of fries, reasonably priced at £2 and were real hand cooked potatoes, not out of a bag as in some restaurants.
The service was great and the decor and appearance of the place was very, very good.
For desert I was served the restaurants local dish which was some form of nutty cake, served in three small pieces with cream. I dont usually have a desert when I go out but the rest of the food was so nice I had to try it and was not let down. The presentation on this desert was second to none and the taste spectacular. Overall I would rate this place a very good 9/10. Only let down by the fact the place was fairly empty for a Saturday night. I can only put this down to the economic state of the country really as people are missing out on Widnes's best kept secret. I will be visiting again.

3  Thank peteallen3220
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Recently had lunch at Efe's in Widnes with my sister, we had a two course lunch for £6.95. The food was delicious and presented lovely. The staff were very accommodating and explained the menu to us in great detail, the service was very efficient. Really enjoyed the whole experience, planning a 50th birthday celebration for my husband seriously considering one of there party nights with belly dancer and waiter show.

1  Thank Orangejelly