“lovely food friendly staff good mix of people.”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #4 of 114 Restaurants in Widnes
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Crown Inn first opened in the 1840’s, we have retained the traditional pub feeling, but we are also a restaurant serving the finest homemade food.Here at The Crown we have a great passion for good food. All of our dishes are freshly prepared on the premises by our team of dedicated & professional Chefs. Please note our menu changes frequently depending on what fresh ingredients are available.We have a fine selection of wines which are available by the bottle or the glass, as well as our normal range of beers, cask ales, spirits & soft drinks.We also welcome large groups for special events & can provide quality buffets. Pre orders are available for guests with special dietary requirements or for those looking to eat something extra special.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

have been on girlie nights,with family and friends food is second to none really good selection the kids menu is excellent value for money but kids do eat free with every adult meal ordered,during the week,have been going to the quize night on a Thursday really enjoyed that too,the staff are friendly and very efficient highly recommend this place for lunch evening meal and will deffinitley be trying out the Christmas Fayre menu well done you guys you deserve a mitchilen star.

3  Thank sexthyladies

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Yet again The Crown exceeds expectations. Fabulous food with a great friendly atmosphere. The service was relaxed but correct and the food was fresh and exciting. Most certainly higher end value without the snobbery. This pub/restaurant is suitable for all. I have eaten here many times as a family and with friends.

2  Thank Dorthy d
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Superb. Far exceeds expectations - not usual 'pub grub'. Had the lamb livers to start followed by monk fish. Absolutely wonderful.

2  Thank grah99
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My partner & I spent Friday evening where I had the Cumberland Sausage with Mash, it was "class" food the atmosphere in the pub was excellent.

The menu is varied and on one of my previous visits I had Crocodile which was great.

With a blend of gents having a drink after work before going home to the wife, to families and couples enjoying an evening meal was brilliant.

I can't fault it, the service was excellent, the food was hot, I would recommend this pub to anyone.

1  Thank Pete C
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Went on Thursday evening after reading the good reviews on trip adviser I have got to disagree the food was very plain and over cooked the curry tasted like it had come from a jar with a few bits added very over rated

2  Thank gerard032