“Elton at the ring O'Bells”
Review of Ring O'Bells

Ring O'Bells
Ranked #14 of 113 Restaurants in Widnes
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Had the pleasure of playing this place on sat 26th July. Nice crowd nice staff and from the people I spoke to nice food. well worth a visit. Hope to return sometime in the future.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Visited few weeks ago, and have to say was so disappointed with the food, three of our party were ill after eating there. The food took ages to arrive and at all different times so we could not eat together, one order took over an hour, after asking several times it finally did turn up I wouldnt mind it was only a salad. The staff very friendly wasnt there fualt, but the manger did not show his face once to apologise. Lovely pub but will not eat there agian.

3  Thank hazel g
Reviewed July 29, 2014

7 of us all had different meals all fab . Steak cooked to perfection I had duck in cherry sauce ... beautiful.
All staff were lovely . I live local it's pricier than 2 for 10 joints but worth it for a birthday etc .. enjoy

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I live down the road from The Bells and I think it's a real shame that both the quality of the food and the service has got gradually worse over recent months. After the Bells reopened following some redecoration a couple of years ago the food was excellent and The Bells had a great reputation, but the last 4 or 5 times I've been over the last 6 months or so it's got worse and worse.
I was in last week with my Mum and Dad, and I actually ended up complaining the food was so poor.
Come on Bells, please get your act together as at the moment I'll be looking to go elsewhere which is a real shame as you're a lovely pub with great music, outdoor events etc.

1  Thank dorkers77
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We visited ROB on Sunday for tea. A few people had warned us  that the service was bad and that the food had gone downhill. Forever the optimist, and having had some lovely meals there over the last few years, we went ahead with the booking. The critics were right. We arrived 5 mins late and were under no pressure to order as it was busy. The waitress was very accommodating and brought crayons for the children, which was nice. When the food arrived, the adults meals were served first and it was another 6 minutes before the 3 children’s meals arrived. The waitress then put a screaming hot plate directly in front of a 19 month old baby who, after the considerable wait was now eager to get his hands on the food. She was using a glove protector and clearly knew it was hot. I burned my fingers moving out of reach from my son ! I am sure this could be remedied though with some staff training. We weren’t offered any condiments; we had to leave the table to track down a waitress to ask for sauces and then for a second time to get a teaspoon so that the younger children could eat their food. The food was “ok” but is more chain pub grub rather than restaurant quality. Desserts flr the children were Mr Whippy ice cream cones, again, very chain pub standard and not the proper dairy ice cream that they served in the past. Service was appalling right throughout the meal with no one to be seen. We had to go to the bar on 3 occasions to ask for the bill and then twice to get someone to bring the card machine over so that we could pay and leave. It took 30 minutes from asking for the bill to being able to pay and go.  By the end of the meal, we were all frazzled. I could have gone through all of this with someone at the time, but no one bothered to ask.

5  Thank KLD8791