“Go to nandos instead...”
Review of Frankie and Bennys

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Cold food
Poor service
And the waiter stunk of fags which turned us off immediately!!!
Won't be returning.....
A shame really as it's ideally located and has a good location.

1  Thank Paneldave

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This is my second visit to F&B Widnes and I feel even more underwhelmed.

Nice food and good choice are the only positive things I can say about this place.

There is certainly no rush about the staff. We allowed almost 2 hours for a meal before visiting the cinema across the road on this visit. Unfortunately the service was so slow we missed the start of the film, so decided not to watch it. (And we don't eat slowly!)

On most days this would be irritating but today we were celebrating my mother in law's birthday and she had picked what she wanted to do. I felt really disappointed for her. I didn't want to cause a scene and complain (if it was myself and my partner, I would have done but when I suggested we chivvy them along a bit as we were sat for half an hour waiting for dessert I was told it didn't matter.)

I have filled in their online survey, so it will be interesting to see if I get any sort of response.

The first time I visited was busy, it was close to Christmas and I put the excessive wait times down to that. Today was nowhere near as busy and was very frustrating to be sat there feeling ignored.

At the time of booking we were asked if it was a special occasion and had told them it was a birthday. Not sure why they asked - there was nothing they did to mark the event in any way. We weren't even asked if everything was OK, during the meal or as we were leaving. Very poor service. No tip from us today!

At Christmas I had really wanted a dessert but having sat there for an age just waiting for a main course I decided to call in at a supermarket on the way home.

Definitely not a good experience and one I would not wish to repeat. Luckily, there is a Nandos, Toby Carvery and a Buffet Place (soon to be a Brewer's Fayre) on the same site, so I will be eating at either one of those in future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Went for a meal with 5 friend it was surprisingly not very busy. We where asked to sit at the bar and get drinks. We waited 10 mins until served. Once served they led us to a table and squeezed us on a tiny table enough for 4 people so there was no room. We ordered are food and went off the main menu we waited 20 mins until our starters came to us but we noticed them sat under the hot light for 5 mins until brought to us. Starters pretty average never asked us how they where or nothing Mains I ordered the chicken carbonara after waiting another 20 minutes the meals came and my carbonara had no chicken init. Told the waitress and she said take your knife and fork out and took the plate away. Two minutes later my dish appeared with 6 chicken pieces dry and tough on top which had simply been microwaved and put on top of the dish not even with an attempt to mix the chicken in the sauce. All our meals where bland and pretty awful. When we asked the waitress for the bill it took a further 15 minutes to come to us. Overall the restaurant seemed poorly managed, terrible service and even worse food! Will not be returning in the near future!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Went with my husband for meal for our anniversary. Loved all the music in there, brought back memories. I had the salmon fish cakes, they were amazing. Hubby enjoyed his steak too. Staff were friendly and helpful and was a really lively atmosphere. Was first time in this restaurant but we will be back.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

If you long for the sound of screaming kids and don't care about your food, this place is for you.

When we went, I had a pulled pork something or other. It had the texture and taste of luke warm liquidized baby food so I sent it back. After 1/2 hour or so the manager came to apologise and insisted that it was heated to 82 degrees before serving.
Absolute tosh - if he had bothered checking it when it was returned he would have seen that it was cold.
Bad customer service with equally bad food - you can do a lot better with your dosh elsewhere.