“Difficult to judge!”
Review of Griffin Inn

Griffin Inn
Ranked #48 of 113 Restaurants in Widnes
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An 18th century inn on the old Warrington to Prescot turnpike road at Bold Heath, once part of the distinguished Bold family estate. Close to the townships of Warrington, Widnes and St Helens, The Griffin Inn serves delicious pub meals and seasonal specials with fine wines and cask ales.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Went with 15 work colleagues for a Christmas get together. The night was great everyone enjoyed themselves and the service was fantastic and the way they had set up the tables was very accommodating. Food came out at the right times all piping hot, but and it's a big but the food isn't great. I had super sized beef roast, which I order at my local chef and brewer near where I live, they do supersize it with extra meat, spuds, etc but this supersize was no different to the normal except a huge Yorkshire pudding. From the title difficult to judge, if going to reasonable priced food and the company and not food is the main focus then this is a great establishment, would I enter it in the great food guide afraid not.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Really enjoy visiting the griffin..good lay out and the tables upstiars are nice, always nice to go here also when its nice day lovley garden and play area outside. food is always spot on and the staff are really friendly. Food here is much better than evenwood farm!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Take your boxing gloves and meet the best that widnes can offer.
Even the women look like men.
Great for lock ins and drunken nights.
And to think i liked this places once.

1  Thank Kevin W
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Griffin Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Kevin W,

Thank you for your review, we have passed your comments onto our management team to ensure the our service levels are being enforced.

Many Thanks
Fayre & Square

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I visited here with a friend and our children. The play area was nice and the children enjoyed it, we ordered food and it took 40 mins to arrive, which is an unacceptablee time for children to wait bearing in mind that we ordered the food at 4.45 so they were not run off their feet. By the time our food arrived at 5.30 it did start to get really full, and I noted that customers were given a take it or leave it attitude by the staff. One Lady came up to us at 6.20 pm and asked incredulously if we had been " allowed to eat outside " because her request for food outside was refused as 6.20 pm on a hot July night was deemed by the staff too late to serve outdoors !! The food quality was o.k at best and some of the order was wrong, but given the amount of time we had to wait I could not be bothered asking them to change it. We ordered a large pizza sized dessert for 5 people with plates and spoons and Ice cream, the dessert arrived minus the ice cream when I pointed this out they brought out one tiny scoop on a saucer for 5 people!! I will never know if we were charged for the tiny scoop of ice cream because when I went to pay my tab I was just given the price and not shown a bill, by this time with 3 cranky children I just paid and went. I will not be going back. I would get more flexibility in a Mc Donalds.

1  Thank cocosm
Reviewed May 13, 2012

good food decent prices , drinks a bit dear but are everwhere nowadays i think, ate here about once a month for several years never had any problems with food, service or cleanliness.