“Lunchtime!!”

Black Horse Inn
Ranked #25 of 109 Restaurants in Widnes
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Primarlily a pub with an attached restaurant
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Fed up with the usual, we went off pat .Never been to this pub for food since new management but glad we did.Sevice lovely and friendly and the food is fresh and delicious.Good choice for all tastes and pockets.Great chips!!!!!!!

1  Thank Lisa B
There are newer reviews for Black Horse Inn

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Me and my friend decided to try this pub out after reading through the reviews and seeing mostly good comments. Unfortunately that was not what we experienced, we was greeted by a men who was very nice and seated us promptly. This is where the good experience ended. I ordered the breaded Brie to start which was OK and my friend the pâté which had a very odd taste to it. Then for the mains... Mine was the pan fried chicken breast in a mushroom sauce with chips and veg. My friend ordered the 10oz Ribeye, served medium and no tomato. When the meals arrived my friend had to wait for her steak knife and deal with the waiters disappointment that she didn't want mustard to accompany the steak! It also came with the tomato she asked not to have. My chicken was OK but not worth the price and my veg was inedible, it was raw. My friends steak was also well done and her plate swimming with grease. So much so her chips had hardened form it. We ended up leavings feeling extremely disappointed. The waiter we told dealt with it very well and didn't question our complaints. It's safe to say we won't be returning.

4  Thank Amy B
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Just visited for Sunday lunch, absolutely delicious. Couldn't fault a single thing. Will be making this a regular visit on a Sunday from now on.

2  Thank izdeb
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I visited with family on a busy Saturday night. We had not booked but Tony the manager went out of his way to fit us in. There was plenty of choice on the menu and also a specials board. In my party of five we were all able to choose something to suit our individual tastes. The food which was served promptly was tasty, fresh and hot. My husband had the seabass which he said was extremely good.
On arrival we were immediately made to feel welcome and the staff remained friendly and attentive throughout our meal.The manager checked during our meal to see if we were happy or needed anything.
The restaurant and the facilities were clean.
We did not have any children with us but it was evident that families are welcome and there were several family groups with young children present.
I will definately visit again when in the area. I would recommend that you book as it was busy.

3  Thank valashby2
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Had a very nice meal here last Saturday. Was visiting family and joined them for a meal here. The atmosphere was friendly and we were made to feel welcome. I was treated like a lady, shown to my seat not just left to find my family. The meal was nice and tasty but a little overpriced. Tony the manager was very attentive and helpful. Very nice experience, would definately return.

1  Thank patricia p