“day out with family”

Ranked #8 of 10 Fun & Games in Widnes
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We took some younger family members out for the day and they all said can we go bowling so took them to the local bowling facility parked up and eventually found the way in, went to the pay area and there was no one there after about 10 mins and the thought of going somewhere else and kids playing on the machines later a girl came to the counter who didn't seem interested in telling us if there were any special prices or deals. In the end we handed over £32 pounds for two games for x2 adults and x2 kids then there was the cost of drinks omg as my other half said i only want a drink I'm not buying the place. Played the game which last just under an hour the kids were disappointed when we sid the games had finished. The shoes were old and had a smell to them the pins kept getting stuck in the end we decided we would not go again and we would take them somewhere that would be value for money next time as by the end it had cost us £60 or more including food and drinks just for the kids.

All reviews
"family night"
"birthday party"
"value for money"

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A large gang of us went there recently and the event was booked in advance. Both games were bowled quickly and then we had some food there which was quite nice. My only criticism is that the heatiing was on full belt above our heads and some of the bowling balls were a little chipped and dented! It is not cheap but I would definitely go again when they have their deals available.

1  Thank AJCheshire
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I've waited many years for a superbowl to finally arrive in my home town and following my first visit there I can confirm it will be my last.

Firstly the cost for 2 rounds for 2 adults and 2 kids was £32, Those 2 rounds were over with in less than 40 minutes. For £50 the family to Chester Zoo and spent the whole day there and had endless fun pulling faces at the animals!!!. If this place wants to stay open it seriously needs to review it's prices. Then there was the Cafe (If you can call it that), We decided to get a Cappucino, Tea and 2 soft drinks. Every time my wife approached the counter the girl behind it disappeared off with no one else in site to serve. This happened 3 times before it took her over 10 minutes to serve us, completely ridiculous and then she insulted us by asking for £8.00. To add to the experience one of the guide rails on the bowling lane was stuck in "Up" position so I had to wait another 10 minutes for them to sort that out.

Without doubt, probably the quickest £40 and the worst value £40 i've spent on family entertainment. If your planning on going to superbowl at the weekend , have a look where else you can get better value for your money. I will be from now on.

2  Thank KEVIN025
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We booked in advance which is probably a good idea on a Saturday evening.
A good location on The Hive Leisure Complex so you can incorporate a meal or visit to the cinema in your evening as even with two games booked you are not there for a full evening, but i suppose that depends on the size of your party.
Everything ran smoothly and everyone had a great time.