“Fantastic afternoon had by all”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Superbowl UK Widnes
Ranked #4 of 8 Fun & Games in Widnes
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Been here once before a few weeks ago & was quite impressed hence the reason we booked a bowling party for my 6 year old son's birthday. After booking the party we were a little worried looking at subsequent reviews on trip advisor however I'm glad we didn't take any notice.
We had a bowling/soft play party for 16 kids aged between 4 & 6 & it was a resounding success . Whilst I was a little apprehensive before hand,after speaking to Sam who took our booking and Alastair the manager, they alleviated any worries we may have had .On the day all of our requirements where taken care of in the most professional manner.
Our party hostest Jasmine was brilliant she looked after us really well and nothing was too much trouble despite the fact she was completly harrased!!.......Would highly recommend & will defintely be returing soon.

1  Thank sharong06

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Lots of people were obviously enjoying themselves, just not for me

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Went last week with my 2 daughters, i had some living social vouchers which were good for 4 people playing 2 games each - so 8 games in total, as their was just the 3 of us i asked the manager could he set up the lane for 3 people playing 3 games ( 9 games total) and that i would pay for the additional game, as the bowling alley was practically half empty i didnt think that this was an unreasonble request..but no came the answer, he was only willing to put it through as 4 people playing 2 games??? Needles to say that i wont be returning in a hurry until the staff and in particular the management realise that customer satisfaction goes a long way in getting customers to return.

1  Thank black21920
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Had heard bad things about this place, but hey, we got a bowling alley in widnes so I had to go and check it out. Wish I made the drive to Warrington now. Was a shambles from the set off. Went in for a prebooked lane for four of us, to find that all the lanes we already in use. We were told to take a seat at the bar until our lane was free. Annoying - but what else could we do?

Waited to get served at the bar, service was incredibly slow. The poor girl working the bar really didn't seem to have a clue what she was doing, and was there on her own even though the bar was pretty busy.

It was about a 40 minute wait until we were called to let us know our lane was ready. We got our bowling shoes and I was helping my son put his shoes on, and noticed a sticky stain all over the front of one shoe. I asked the girl on the bowling till to swap them over for me, which she did and apologised for it, but it begs the question of how frequently these shoes are cleaned. I would expect communal shoes to be cleaned after each use?

Anyway we finally got onto our bowling. About ten minutes in, my wife bowled and the pins all got jammed. Went to the till and told the girl and she said she will tell the technician about the fault. I waited at least twenty minutes before anything was done. At this point I could just not wait to get out of there but my kids wanted to play so I put up with it for rest of game.

When we finished and went back to exchange our shoes, I noticed who I assumed to be the manager behind the desk. I asked to speak to him and he asked what was wrong. I told him about the farcical experience I had and he was so rude and patronising. Saying its not his fault if the lanes overrun as he can't make people leave. I asked for his name which he outright refused to give me. He said to make a complaint to email it - probably goes direct to their email so head office doesn't catch wind of it. I asked if they were going to offer me anything to resolve and he again told me to email in and then walked off, saying he was 'too busy' horrendous. How did this man become a manager? He clearly does not care about customer satisfaction and I can see this establishment going bust soon, as the service there is simply shocking.

The only good thing is the arcade. Lot of fun stuff in there, had so much fun playing on the basketball game and sonic races! And we won a teddy! But still I won't be going back unless they get new managers who care.

2  Thank Jfarnham1972
Reviewed March 4, 2012

lacks good management skills. management rude and unorganised. phoned to speak to manager was told he had left phoned back ten minutes later and got put through by receptionist and he answered the phone, rude and un cooperative and quick to put the phone down. feel sorry for the staff who try to do there best. interested to see what head office - HR would have to say with regards to management! could be really good but lots of errors! crazy club clean friendly and helpful however on occassions i feel as if more staff are required. food - over priced and all frozen-microwave heated up. the whole place has potential but a bit of a let down due to bad management. some good staff members. bowling good however pins did stick and had to wait 15minutes for it to be fixed after several requests to get it fixed! if a secret shopper was to go in i doubt it would be scored very highly.