“I dream of this chippy in Australia!”
Review of Marie's Chippy

Marie's Chippy
Ranked #7 of 149 Restaurants in Widnes
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Best chippy in the world! Was one of the first places on my list of places I must visit when I returned to my hometown, after 10 years living in NZ . Good old fashioned food cooked to perfection. Love this place!

1  Thank Christine M

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Maries chippy has been going years.
No frills just a damm good local English chippy.
Hid in a back street of Widnes this is one chippy that has not changed in years and keeps its regulars old and new-

Get in early to beat the cues its just great - potions a little small so order a small amount extra. - but worth it.

1  Thank 1jeff
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I used to live in Widnes and a child would always go to Marie's with my mates at lunch when I attended Fairfield high school. So every so often I come back to Widnes to visit family and treat us all to Marie's.
this little chippies looks are deceiving, it hasn't changed one bit since my first visit in 1981, nor has the food. The mixture (chips & peas) with curry is my favourite, absolutely gorgeous. My dad and sister always go for the fish with chips, gravy and crispy bits ( little bits of fried batter and chips)
Try this chippy, you won't be disappointed, I can't wait to go back again.

1  Thank kayzee70
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have been going for years, excellent service, great food and real value for money. No matter what your appetite is Marie's caters for everybody.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

after hearing of this shop i had to try it so off i went i was told the chips and pease where the best so orderd 3 portions, portion one was served but then another server took the last of the chips to serve the next customer with two family bags of chips so i was told its ok they will only be 5 minutes. when i got them back to work my friends and i were very dissapointed to find one portion cold and the hot ones under cooked and full of black spud eyes so they went straight in the bin. just in case it was a one off i called again 2 weeks later but it had not improved to the standard allowing it all to be eaten so two chips n binned again. either i am unlucky or the locals are easily pleased oh well i tried.

5  Thank Thefixer1