“"Good overnight stay"”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Widnes
Daventry, United Kingdom
“"Good overnight stay"”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Booked here for one night on a last minute booking as Mum unexpectedly had been admitted to Chester hospital day before. Arrived around 7.30p.m , tired after long journey and hospital visit. Reception was friendly and made us feel welcome. Didn't manage to get upgrade as there was a wedding reception but room was good and had a king size bed. Didn't have dinner here so can't comment. But sat opposite reception and unwound with a few G&Ts ( me!)hubby had a few beers. - well it was hottest day and there was a bit of a breeze sat there!.Wedding guests were friendly and we didn't feel uncomfortable at all. ( looked like a good do!) . Slept reasonably well considering the heat,and were ready for a good brekkie in the morning.
Brekkie didn't disappoint .thick bacon, nice sausages etc, usual juice, cereal, croissants etc. Overall a good stay considering the family circumstances.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DanQuinton, General Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for your review and all your positive comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I recommend you do not have any form of event here unless you want starving and overheated guests. The buffet served was poor and many people didn't even take any as the offer was limited. They also refused to open any doors although everyone was over warm and the air conditioning was very poor and wasn't helping at all. I also spoke to a member of staff about opening the doors and he said he would ask the manager. But he just didn't return. Poor staff, poor food and poor event room.

• Stayed June 2013
DanQuinton, General Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. The buffet in question was choosen by the organiser from your school and was prepared by us not chosen by us. All our buffets give the organisersa choice to cater to what they think their guests may appreciate. With regards to the doors it was explained that the doors leading to the garden area need to be closed after 9.30 pm as the noise may disturb other guest staying in the hotel and local residents in houses nearby. As the doors were continually being opened and warm air coming into the function the air condtioning was ineffective and this is the reason the temperature was warm and the garden doors were closed. The member of staff did ask me about the doors and I explained to people in the room the reasons for them being closed. As people were going in and out for the bar or a smoke not everyone was their at the time I was discussing this. On the night the organiser when asked was happy with all service provided. I do feel this review was unneccesary and hope readers can appreciate the other customer comments on our page that are more trustworthy.

Travelers are raving about these Widnes hotels

Peterborough
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed for a Fri/Sat 2 night break to meet friends in the St Helens area. The room was of a good standard with a few minor issues that didn't need the staff to deal with and although it seemed a far way from reception it did manage to keep any noise level to a minimum. One point, if located on the outside wing is that you should be allowed to use the middle door of the hotel otherwise you have to lug your luggage all through the corridors.
During our stay there was a "hen" outing on the first night and a wedding reception on the second, neither of which caused any problems and noise was minimal.
Breakfast on first morning was "served" and was excellent, also the second morning was a "buffet" which was in some cases even better.
Like all of todays hotels, to eat in their restaurant and purchase drinks from the bar would need an extension on your credit card, both places in this hotel were over expensive and obviously catered for the hen/wedding and business parties and forces you to explore locally to get good food at reasonable prices.
The staff were polite and reception offered to change our room if we thought the noise was too much.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Everglades and will use it again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
DanQuinton, General Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We held our Grandson's Christening Reception at this hotel and from the initial planning to the actual event, the service and help we received was fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble. Amy (Conference and Banqueting Manager) organised everything with input from ourselves and Dan Quinton (General Manager) was amazing and so helpful, he really worked hard to make sure everything was just right. All our guests were impressed too. I can't thank you all enough for making our Grandson's Christening a really special day!!!
Thank you all and well done!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and I will make sure I pass on your kind words to the rest of the team. I am glad that you enjoyed your day with us and we hope to see you again very soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We needed to break a long journey overnight and chose the hotel because we were intrigued by the name - and it was in the right area.

As we drove up we were interested to know what the hotel would be like and guessed by the location that it may have once been part of a farm. The hotel architecture is very 1970s hacienda influenced, but none the worse for that. We had a very nice large, well appointed room and bathroom, where everything was clean and working. We were comfy and had a quiet night and good sleep.

The hotel restaurant and bar are attractive and the food and restaurant staff like the rest of the team were well trained, very helpful and pleasant local people. It does make a difference in a hotel to have local staff and local "feel".

We were very happy with out overnight stay and would visit again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
DanQuinton, General Manager at Best Western Everglades Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of the hotel and the positive feedback you gave. I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were made to feel welcome. We hope to see you again very soon.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed in a few best westerns so expected their usual high standards I had booked this through late rooms however I was a bit disappointed as the room smelt a bit musty on arrival and the towels were so thin they were next to useless .
The staff were friendly enough but over worked especially at breakfast which from the point of view of someone who does not eat bacon and is allergic to eggs was a let down. Most of the time I have asked when I booked in and they have done veggie sausages on this occasion I was told I should have booked this when I booked the room so I ended up with mushrooms and beans as the tomatoes were in the tray with black pudding needless to say I wasn't happy

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations regarding breakfast and I will make sure the neccessary improvements are made so this does not happen again in the future. I hope that you will consider staying with us again, and we hope to see you soon.
Newcastle
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Excellent staff, well trained, cheerful and obliging. Standard hotel room with 2 chairs well maintained and service. Food a little overcooked on occasions with "Mushrooms" featuring a lot on menu. But nothing to complain about. This hotel is not very far behind the majority of Premier Travel Inns. I could certainly recommend.

Room Tip: All looked ok to me