“Pie week”

Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Tarporley
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I went to the Dysart Arms for the very first time today for lunch. The pub is set in the heart of picturesque Bunbury village opposite the church. This week the pub was advertising a special promo on home cooked pies and so I thought I would try the chicken and ham. It was delicious, and the wine was also very good. The menu choice was great and the place was really cosy and our table was next to one of the fires.

I will definitely return.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Every visit here has been an absolute delight. It has always been the same, wonderfully good, never a 'let down'. It may be because Dot is so marvellous, knowing just what is going on and overseeing the lot from her vantage point behind the bar that the whole place flows so well. All I can say is, I, and all those I know who love it, wish it was within our walking distance! It has to remain worth our long drive.This is a credit to Brunner and Price, and I hope they appreciate what a gem they have here in Dot and a great young team!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Dysart is a gastropub but with a friendly bar area still frequented by locals. Tables are well spaced and in three different areas - somewhere informal or more intimate if required. The last time I visited was with a group of twelve in the evening (midweek) and the service was excellent. Weekends can be busy and meals slower to arrive. The menu is varied but with not too vast a choice. Enough to satisfy most tastes. Good wine list as well as several beers on tap.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We were in a family group with 2 x Seniors and two couples with small children. Our order was pretty well expedited but the food didn't live up to the ambience and the service, it may be that our expectations were too high.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were recommended to this place by friends and we were not let down. Lovely setting, nicely set out inside with several different areas to sit and a great menu selection at competitive prices. My only criticism is that with the exception of the house wine, other wines are a tad expensive. Service was good and the food was excellent. The staff were attentive and courteous. we will return when back in the area.