“Never changes!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: ...when you arrive at Panama Hatty's restaurant in Spurstow for the first time and feel the cosy welcoming charm of this extraordinary restaurant it will lift your spirits and warm your heart. Discover that tasty quality home-made food is not exclusive to the big city operators, you will find it all in the heart of the beautiful Cheshire countryside. We have a great selection of delicious cocktails, international beers and good value wines delivered by attentive, friendly staff.
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
“Never changes!!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I love this place. We have eaten here on numerous occasions over the last 15 years and I can honestly say whether it has just been my husband any myself or in a large group this place never fails to put a foot wrong. From the cocktails in the lounge, the brillant menu, and excellent service this is a place I just love eating at. The menu is extensive but I love their duck fajatis and their prices remain constant over the years. This is a place I truly look foward to going to and it never fails to live up to my expectations. This restaurant has certainly got everything right in my view

Tarporley
“Brilliant, great vibe, lovely evening, brilliant for parties”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I would strongly disagree with the review by Shropshire Ron, very unjustified and untrue, maybe Wetherspoons would be more to his liking...

This is a lovely place with a real buzz about it, even mid week it's busy.
Stunning food, never had anything to quibble about, and also a very reasonably priced set menu with some of their signature dishes on.

This place is brilliant for a birthday party with lots of seating for cocktails away from the main dining area and a vast range, ranging from £6-7 pounds. There is a vast menu with choices for those who don't like mexican food, however the food is not overly spicy and would appeal to the vast majority of people.

The customer service is second to none, very quick and helpful, waiters always around too. My brother ordered a chicken burrito but was given a vegetable one, when we were asked if our meal was okay he said yes lovely and thought he just hadn't got to the chicken yet. When we came to pay we mentioned it but said my brother said it was absolutely lovely what he had had, without another word, he had it taken off the bill.

Fantastic, HAVE recommended.

I would recommend booking for a weekend though as it can get very busy.

Audlem, United Kingdom
“Everything is first Class at Panama's”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have used Panama Hattyy.s a number of times now and have never been dissapointed at all. The consistancy of the food, menu and service is very hard to beat, The decor is also excellent and takes a lot of beating, It's so relaxing in every way and we'll most certainly continue to re-visit theis fabulous restaurant time and time again,
Thank you to all the management & staff for a first class offering.

• Visited September 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fan of Panama Hatties!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Visited Panama Hattys this past weekend on a Friday night.

We arrived at about 7:00pm and there wasn't anyone in the restaurant at all so was seated down immediately. I thought it was a bit strange as we have visited the Panama Hattys in Prestwich and would have expected there to be at least a few people in by 7:00pm but maybe it was just a slow day as it began to fill with more guests shortly after our arrival.

We were offered drinks promptly and our food arrived quickly after ordering. We opted for the sharing platter to begin and then the Lamb Thai sizzler and the Chicken Massaman as our mains, both mains were plentiful and we weren't able to finish them both! I wouldn't go for the lamb dish again as the lamb was very fatty and chewy, chicken is probably the safest bet to go in the future.

We like Panama Hattys, the food is good, if a little on the expensive side for what are not spectacular dishes, but we enjoyed ourselves and the food none the less.

Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Good Fixed Price Menu. Pleasing Ambience.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Having read a few reviews on here, I enjoyed today's celebratory lunch at Panama Hatty's a lot more than I thought I would.

The area where you enjoy your aperitifs and relax with the menu is chintzy and opulent. The background music is a bit too intrusive though.

Most of us ate off the £11.95 fixed price menu, available even on weekends until 5pm. I thought that it was excellent value. The jambalaya was tasty, and my wife loved her chicken burrito. The meat literally fell off the spare ribs, which some of us had as entrees. Unfortunately the beefsteak and frites got mixed reviews. Some thought the meat a bit tough. I thought that it was characteristic of that particular cut, and it was cooked perfectly, medium rare.

Desserts of ice cream, Panama Hatty's 'cheats' lemon meringue pie and chocolate fudge cake were all good, and double expresso coffees were generous.

Service was charming.

Some reviewers have mentioned the bar prices. We had a nice Luis Felipe Edwards chardonnay as an aperitif. It cost about £19 a bottle, which was a bit steep but not extortionate. With our meal, I paid £22 for a very average Rioja. I thought that WAS extortionate. Two 33cl bottles of Peroni Nastro Azzuro- just over a pint- will set you back £7.90. I have only seen prices like that once before: in the Tuilleries Gardens, Paris, last year, when a 50cl draught beer cost €8. But that was Paris, not Tarporley.

I can't comment on value generally, since my generous, newly fifty-something brother-in-law picked up the tab.

1 Thank Idler