“loads of potencial but always mess it up”
Review of Panama Hatty`s

Panama Hatty`s
Ranked #6 of 40 Restaurants in Tarporley
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: ...when you arrive at Panama Hatty's restaurant in Spurstow for the first time and feel the cosy welcoming charm of this extraordinary restaurant it will lift your spirits and warm your heart. Discover that tasty quality home-made food is not exclusive to the big city operators, you will find it all in the heart of the beautiful Cheshire countryside. We have a great selection of delicious cocktails, international beers and good value wines delivered by attentive, friendly staff.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

i have been probably 10+ times now over the years and every occasion there has been something that has either not been quite right or didnt meet expectations... why do i keep going back, so many friends seem to suggest it or my staff often like to choose it for work outings; so i always end up saying ill give it another go.

the place has a big reputation but i dont really think they live up to it.

ive bullet pointed some of the things that have happened on the last few occasions below...

left waiting to order for over half an hour
food being cold
food being reheated rather than a fresh plate prepared, at £22 you want your main course to be right...
managers are often very reluctant to deal with issues, try and leave staff to deal with it where possible
phone mannor is often off, ive called to change our reservation time before and the manager i spoke to was bourderline rude which you dont expect from this type of place.
bill is often incorrect, pay special attension to this they love overcharging here; often adding charges on for things you havent had.."the last time this happened there was £70 in charges on our bill which were not ours, spread over a £400 bill"

dont get me wrong the food if its done right is dead tasty, but i just think that they should get it right more often than not and in my opinion its the other way round.

1  Thank zac r

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Went with my husband to celebrate his parents 40th wedding anniversary. Have been before although it was a few years ago.
When we arrived we got a drink at the bar (very extensive drinks menu, asked which gin I wanted not just given any old gin!! All ciders & beers in bottles, they don't have any on draught) and went to sit in the lounge area to look at the menus. My mother-in-law was undecided on her main meal so the waiter went to the kitchen and brought her a sample of the sauce off the dish she was thinking of ordering. She did order that meal and it was lovely. All our food was fabulous, if I had one gripe it was that our mains came out within five minutes of finishing the starters which was far too quick for me and I didn't end up finishing my main meal. Next time I will certainly make sure I mention to leave us with a decent gap in between. Apart from that it was lovely and we had a really nice evening.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Excellent choice of cocktails and tex mex food is great. Great for a birthday treat for the kids. Can be a pricey night out if you are tempted to try a other cocktail or two.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I went with a group of 27 friends for a mates birthday, the food was amazing the portions were a good size, The cocktails were to die for, They were made to order whilst you watched and the barman's skills were fantastic to watch. I would definitely go back again, but probably only on special occasions as its on the pricey side.

1  Thank docjonp
Reviewed February 14, 2013

over priced, cluttered seating arrangements, very noisy but great food, too many big groups the chef must be run off his feet trying to keep up

2  Thank stephen g