“Christmas at the Castle - Strongly Recommended”
Review of Peckforton Castle

Peckforton Castle
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Christmas at the Castle - Strongly Recommended”
Reviewed January 14, 2011

I had to organize the businesses Christmas Party 2010. I thought of all the "normal" venues but wanted this one to stand out so when I heard fantastic things about the castle I approached them to see if such a huge venue could take place, and that it did. Peckforton castle catered for 260 of my colleagues. From start to finish the event could not have gone any better. We had the castle to ourselves with most of my colleagues staying over at the Castle. I stayed in a suite which was absolutely gorgeous with everything to iPod docking station to heated floor tiles in the huge bathroom. I will be staying there again personally!
Taking place that night we had a disco & casino which went down a storm. I would like to thank all the staff that worked that day and evening as they were impeccable and could not do enough to help people, from directions around the amazing building, to the simple service with a smile all evening. I would recommend strongly to anyone who is thinking of such an event that Peckforton would be one worth booking.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
, General Manager at Peckforton Castle, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 12, 2011

My husband booked a weekend here as a birthday treat, and what a treat it was to!
The building is amazing, full of character and enchanting in every way.
We had a standard room (as this was all that was available) it was well equiped, clean and spacious,with two double windows overlooking the court yard, which was fabulous as we could watch the Falconery training and the beautiful peacocks that strolled the grounds displaying themselves at every opportunity.
Most of The staff were Very attentive and nothing was to much trouble for them, in fact I would go as far to say, they went the Extra Mile for us every time, special thanks for the balloon with my champagne ice bucket, nice touch, there was only a few members of the bar / breakfast team who failed to even smile yet alone offer customer service, but one was leaving on the Friday, I don't think she will be a loss to what otherwise is a well run team.
The food was very tasty and well presented, but lacked choice, on the package we were on there were 4 items on the menu 1 of which was vegetarian, and the menu was the same both nights!! This I would say let the restaurant down, the manager was very receptive and accomodating, remembering what wine I had ordered the previous night, and that I liked lemon in my water.
Then came the SPA well done Vanessa & Milly!!! these girls are just Fabulous!!!! My husband and I stay at many 5star hotel / spa's and can honestly say they gave the BEST
Facial we have ever had, again the added extra of a hand & head massage whilst your face mask sets is wonderful.
We can say this break was well worth the money and we will return again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Peckforton Castle, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your time at the Castle and we look forward to seeing you again soon to exceed your expectations even more.
preston
Reviewed January 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed stayed at the castle on 2nd of Jan for 2 nights. Suprisingly the place was busy with lots of couples and some families.
The check in on arrival was great with complimentry drinks brought to the room. We booked through red letter days vouchers.
We were unable to book the restaurant as it was full on the sunday evening, so we ate in the Brasserie.
Unfortunately the bar lady was surly and rude and did not give a good impression of the castle. The food which was available to order (small manue and smaller choice as they did not have any steaks) arrived hot but not very inspiring. I ordered a pasta dish which was tastless and bizarelly was served with cold cherry tomatoe's and baby onions!!!

I redered wine which was nice and husband drank the chech lager on draft which he also enjoyed.

Breakfast was fantastic buffet style. The breakfast dining room was so hot it made you feel sick. One of the breakfast staff on the second morning was really lovely, friendly and helpful. She was the only memeber of staff we encountered who was like this so i though i would give her a mention.
The menue offered continenatal breakfast with hasm and cheese but these were no where to be seen!!

I asked for room service breakfast but was told that i could only have a cold breafast delivede as the food would not remain hot. (have they never heard of food covers)

All in all I would stay again for a special trip we paid £190 for 2 nights b&b, I would also recommended this hotel.

I feel that they have all of the basics to be great but the staff let the hotel down.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2011

I booked a night away with my partner on the 27th December as a special treat and we were not disappointed!!We stayed in the newly refurbished part of the castle in an 'Executive bedroom',the room was perfect with plenty of room and fantastic views over Cheshire,it far exceeded our expectations.We chose to dine in the 1851 restaurant which had been recommended by the receptionist on checkinng inn,this was more costly than the new Brasserie but well worth it and after all its not every evening you get to dine in a castle!The standard of food was nothing short of fantastic and the level of service was excellant,our compliments to one and all,especially the chef.We look forward to visiting Peckforton Castle in the future and will highly recommend to all our family and friends.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Peckforton Castle has everything you could ever wish for whether its a wedding, a romantic break for two or a weekend family outing. With stunning views of the Cheshire countryside this place has it all. The Castle itself meets new decor very tastefully done with a spoiling air about it. Attention to detail is second to none. The staff are so helpful and very approachable and are eager to help at any given moment. The food here is outstanding in quality and taste and a real experience that is unforgettable. If you get the opportunity to stay here please please do, you wont regret it and its worth every penny.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Couldnt fault peckforton castle and all that work there ,, it was amazing and nothing was too much trouble , even on the initial bookin and me emailing there about 10 times in one day to sort things out for our stay each and every email was responded to quickly ,,

Falcon experience , Out of this world ,, totally amazing .best thing ive ever experienced ,
Big thankyou to Mark ,,

Food was outstanding ,,

So glad i chose this place to take my husband for his 50th Birthday,

Clare

Chester
Reviewed January 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in December to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we had a brilliant time. The setting is amazing and looked so pretty with all the snow around. We were in the Kesall suite which had a giant bed and a spacious bathroom complete with a roll top bath that had a glass covered turret above so you could lie back and see the stars! We ate in the restaurant and the food was lovely and the staff were very attentive. The prefect hotel for a romantic break.

, General Manager at Peckforton Castle, responded to this review, March 9, 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tarporley
Crewe Hall
#1 of 1 in Oakmere
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton

Been to Peckforton Castle? Share your experiences!