I had to organize the businesses Christmas Party 2010. I thought of all the "normal" venues but wanted this one to stand out so when I heard fantastic things about the castle I approached them to see if such a huge venue could take place, and that it did. Peckforton castle catered for 260 of my colleagues. From start to finish the event could not have gone any better. We had the castle to ourselves with most of my colleagues staying over at the Castle. I stayed in a suite which was absolutely gorgeous with everything to iPod docking station to heated floor tiles in the huge bathroom. I will be staying there again personally!
Taking place that night we had a disco & casino which went down a storm. I would like to thank all the staff that worked that day and evening as they were impeccable and could not do enough to help people, from directions around the amazing building, to the simple service with a smile all evening. I would recommend strongly to anyone who is thinking of such an event that Peckforton would be one worth booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 3 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HRS, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, Cheshire, UK