I have just returned from Peckforton Castle after my friends and I enjoyed their Girls' Night Out experience. We all had a fabulous weekend and would recommend the hotel to others, especially the above experience. The hotel is set in wonderful grounds and on arrival its spectacular presence, amidst the surrounding woodland, is immediately felt. The staff are very welcoming and always professional. The waiter serving our cocktails was very friendly. We enjoyed a delicious lunch, with a varied choice. The food was very fresh and the service efficient. There are rooms in the castle to enjoy drinks or refreshments, despite the fact there was a wedding on both of the days of our stay. Our rooms were luxuriously furnished and immaculate. The furnishings reflected the overall theme of the castle but were modern, and we had bath robes, slippers and strawberries in chocolate to enhance our experience! During our stay, we dined in the restaurant. Again the food was first class but we would all say that if you are hungry, then the fine dining experience may not be for you! We all agreed the quality of the food was exceptional but the quantity left us hungry. Next time, as we are already planning our return, we would transfer to the a la carte menu and pay the supplement. Our waitress was very helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the menu we were served. The breakfast was delicious and again there was a wide choice to suit all tastes. Our experience included two spa treatments, which added to our chilled experience. However a note to the spa: buy each beautician a uv nail machine!!! The staff again were very friendly. The experience included transport to and from Chester, but due to personal circumstances we couldn't make this trip. The staff were only too happy to negotiate an alternative treat. So overall a great package if you're after something a bit different. Thank you for a great weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 3 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HRS, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, Cheshire, UK