St Luke's Cheshire Hospice held a Bollywood event at Peckforton on 7th November to raise money for the charity, and we were blown away by the amazing, attentitive and thoughtful service we received.
The rooms were set up for us perfectly and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, all evening they met all of our needs and requirements and made sure the event ran smoothly. The table settings looked wonderful and the food was served promptly, was piping hot and they catered for people who had special dietary requirements.
Julie Kite who handled our booking was always on hand to answer any questions or last minute changes as so often happens with this sort of event. She was polite and attentive at every meeting and if it wasn't for her the event would not have been anywhere near as good.
On the evening of the event David and his team made sure everything was in the right place at the right time and kept us all up to date with the running times and was always on hand when we needed anything.
I would encourage anyone looking for a venue to hold an event in Cheshire to consider Peckforton and everyone at the hospice, patients, families, staff, volunteers and trustees thank them for helping us to raise in excess of £3,500.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 3 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HRS, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, LateRooms, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, Cheshire, UK