I took my partner here for his birthday on a dinner, bed & breakfast package. We enjoyed our stay, the castle is certainly visually stunning as you arrive! The birds of prey are amazing & I loved the resident peacock who wanders around the grounds!
The food in the restaurant is beautiful, fine dining at its best. The wines are reasonably priced. I felt somewhat disappointed that all you get is a buffet breakfast though, a restaurant of this standard & price point should be cooking fresh breakfasts for everyone (& I know that comparable levels of hotels would do so).
There were a few other niggly problems which just point to lack of attention to detail, for example we had only 1 (chipped I might add) mug in our room on check-in along with 2 dirty glasses from the previous occupants. We contacted reception who apologised, and on returning to the room we did indeed have new mugs & glasses. But they'd also left us the other dirty ones too!!
We stayed when a wedding was on, the music was very loud however it didn't bother us as it was shut off at midnight. Although we did get kicked out of the wine bar as they said they needed it for the wedding guests. Don't forget about your paying guests too Peckforton!!
Overall we enjoyed our stay, & would give it another go if a good deal came up :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 3 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, Cheshire, UK