I have just returned from a one night stay as part of the New You package the castle is currently offering. The package itself is excellent value and I would recommend it. The drive up to the hotel through the woods really sets the scene for the fairy tale castle that sits at the top of the hill. The castle itself has been very sympathetically renovated with lots of its charm and character retained.
We were impressed with our room... We weren't sure what to expect as it was a standard room as part of a package but we were very pleasantly surprised, it was spacious and even had a fireplace! It was spotlessly clean with lovely white fluffy towels and a big, comfortable bed. The only downside was that toiletries were limited with no cotton wool, face cloths or moisturiser. The room was quiet and we had nice view of the woods.
The Spa was lovely too with very friendly staff and good treatments.
Although a 3 course set menu in the 1851 restaurant was included in the package (which looked delicious), I was taken a little unwell and we decided to eat from the evening brasserie menu in our room. The food was very enjoyable.
Breakfast was in the 1851 Restaurant, it is in a lovely setting with nice views over the courtyard. There is a very varied menu, ranging from Full English to smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, together with a contintental buffet.
All staff at the hotel were very helpful and friendly and the atmosphere was lovely.
I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't have chance to take advantage of all the hotel had to offer and we would like to return for another stay to eat in the restaurant, have a tour of the castle and a walk in the grounds.
I would definitely recommend the castle as a special and unique place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 3 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, Cheshire, UK