On the 8th August 2012 we had our big day at Peckforton Castle! It was so Perfect, all of the staff were fantastic, so caring and did everything they could for our day to run smoothley. We arrived the day before and was able to set up that day as there wasnt any functions on in the same rooms, which we are very grateful for. The hotel porters were extremley helpful, as well as the reception staff. They sorted out a new room for the mother of the bride as she was quite ill and didnt want the bride to catch it, it was no trouble for them at all. which we really appreciated. The atmosphere was so relaxed and made it stress free for us all. The wedding co-ordinaters were always there to answer any questions and put our dreams to reality beforehand and on the day the duty manager was there making sure everything was how it should be. The guests all had a great time and the food was brilliant, we had a buffet instead of sit down meal and a cake made of cheese instead of a normal cake, there was plently of food to go around. At the drinks reception we had lovely chocolate strawberries which the castle provided. We couldnt think of anywhere else that we would prefer to have our wedding, it was truely magical! I cant put into words how amazing it was and how thankful we are to everyone at Peckforton! Abby and Dave Robins
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Peckforton Castle - An enchanting Hotel in the heart of Cheshire. Rising majestically above the Cheshire landscape, the castle is both enigmatic and enchanting. Originally the home of Lord Tollemache and built in the early 19th Century, this Grade I listed building is the only intact medieval style Castle in the country. Over the years the castle has been the location for numerous movies including Robin Hood and Dr Who. Now owned by the Naylor family, the stunning exterior has been complemented by a loving and considered restoration programme resulting in a magnificent hotel and venue offering contemporary luxury and impeccable service. Services include 48 stunning individual guest rooms, conference, events, and wedding facilities for up to 180. Tranquility beauty, on site Falconry and team activities all adding up to a rather magical experience. Dining at the Castle truly is a special occasion, welcoming the public as well as hotel guests. The 1851 Restaurant offers a dining experience fit for royalty. Holder of 3 AA Rosettes and a Taste Cheshire Award. Alternatively the more informal and cosmopolitan 2010 Brasserie, located in the former scullery of the castle, features many of the amazing features of the original scullery including two cast iron cooking ranges dating back to the 1840's. Peckforton Castle's enchanting medieval style beauty and stunning location make it a truly impressive and desirable venue for weddings, christenings, birthday parties, or just about anything that's worth celebrating. Everything plays a part; the fabulous setting, stunning location, the attentive service and smiling faces, the bespoke menus and decorations. A magnificent venue for conferencing and meetings. Within the medieval walls, old and new combine seamlessly to offer state of the art multi media and conference facilities. Captivating on arrival, Peckforton Castle's unspoilt, natural beauty will stimulate and motivate, delight the eye, inspire the mind, tantalise the taste buds and leave you enchanted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Travelocity, HRS and LateRooms so you can book your Peckforton Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Peckforton Castle Hotel Tarporley
- Peckforton Castle Tarporley, Cheshire, UK